Best wireless router for gaming?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-12 11:31:36 - last edited 2019-08-13 18:19:15

Hi guys. So my landlord can remotely check and see which devices are connected to the wifi connection in our apartment. A flatmate who recently vacated could not find a room has temporarily crashed in my room. He needs to connect to the internet but is paranoid that the landlord (the guy is a psycho) would find out. I figured we could get a wifi repeater. From what I have heard a repeater creates a new wifi connection.whatsapp plus whatsapp plus 

If this is true, my landlord should not be able to see devices connected to the repeater right? Should I go ahead and buy one asap?   whatsapp web

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best wireless router for gaming?
2019-08-13 03:47:11

Hey, I don't think a repeater can satisfy your needs. As you know, as a network expansion device, the range extender/repeater will connect to the main router by wireless, and the IP address of device which connects to the extender will be assigned by the main router, the landlord can still check the online devices.

Instead, you can buy a regular wireless router which has DHCP server function. You can connect the 2nd router to the main one, and the devices connected to the 2nd router will be managed by itself, and the IP range will be the same as the 2nd router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 888

Replies: 1