Need to reboot router everytime I need to connect to Wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-19 21:06:03
Region : Brazil

Model : TL-WN851ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Until last week I had a perfectly configured home network:

Router is a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND, with DHCP server enabled. I had the following clients connecting to this router:
- Windows 7 Ultimate HTPC (cabled, fixed IP lease by MAC Address)
- Xbox 360 (cabled, random IP by DHCP)
- Ubuntu Laptop (wi-fi, random IP by DHCP)
- Windows XP netbook (wi-fi, random IP by DHCP)
- Apple TV (wi-fi, random IP by DHCP)
- iPhone 4 (wi-fi, random IP by DHCP)
- iPad 2 (wi-fi, random IP by DHCP)

At some times, all of those were on and connected to the network, all accessing the internet and I had no problems whatsoever.

So I decided to build a new PC and added it to the network: a Windows 7 Ultimate PC, with a TP-Link TL-WN851ND wi-fi card.

After that, my network started to behave strangely: the PC connects to it and I can access the internet normally. But out of the blue, the router stops accepting new connections and becomes invisible. The wifi adapter in my PC is still there, and it can identify other wifi networks but mine. My network is only detected after power cycling the router. Already updated the wifi card to the latest driver, and also the router is running the latest firmware. If the PC remains off, there are no problems with the router, so I conclude that the issue must be with the wifi card on the PC.

Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Need to reboot router everytime I need to connect to Wifi network
2012-12-20 02:20:37
Anyone??
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 1