Adsl light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adsl light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adsl light
Adsl light
2019-08-14 07:53:37 - last edited 2019-08-14 07:58:19
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I purchased a new tp link adsl 2+ router  / Modem. My problem after setup is the adsl light just keeps flashing and not staying on solid as it should. Put my ISP Vodafone router back and that works fine. With the tp

Link router i have restarted it several times but adsl light is still flashing and I am at a loss. Any advice greatly appreciated 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Adsl light
2019-08-14 09:36:56

@Loz 

Who is your internet service provider? Do they provide an ADSL line or VDSL line?

The TD-W8961N is an ADSL modem router, it cannot work with the VDSL line. 

Meanwhile, you can try to unplug and plug the phone line back to the DSL port; remove the phone splitter and hard reset it.

Still the same, you can contact ISP to verify the type of the DSL line or get another modem to do a comparison analysis. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Adsl light
2019-08-14 17:51:07

Hi.thanks for your reply. I am pretty sure it is adsl line and my ISP is Vodafone. I have unplugged and hard reset the router but to no avail 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Loz 

Who is your internet service provider? Do they provide an ADSL line or VDSL line?

The TD-W8961N is an ADSL modem router, it cannot work with the VDSL line. 

Meanwhile, you can try to unplug and plug the phone line back to the DSL port; remove the phone splitter and hard reset it.

Still the same, you can contact ISP to verify the type of the DSL line or get another modem to do a comparison analysis. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Adsl light
2019-08-15 02:03:35

@Loz 

Thanks for your reply.

Please ensure that there is no splitter and try to change another phone line. 

Still the same, please login to the web interface of the TD-W8961N and change the ADSL mode to G.dmt under advanced setup-ADSL page.

Otherwise, please contact the retailer to change another router to get internet.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Adsl light
2019-08-15 02:09:49

Thanks for the advice. I will try that over the weekend 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Adsl light
2019-08-15 06:39:45

Definitely sure, take your time to test it.

Any updates, just let us know. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1258

Replies: 5

Related Articles