Low speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low speed
Low speed
2019-08-14 13:00:14
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

In my case extender connected via wifi to the router.

Router give speed (by speed check) about 450Mb.

Extender connected to that router give max. 100Mb(by speed check) even stay close to the router. In the manual written that this extender transfering wifi signal up to 433Mb. 

Why I can not get speed more than 100Mb?

Is it malfunction of my device or something wrong in the settings?

Options
4 Reply
Re: Low speed
2019-08-15 05:46:33

@Ihtiander 

What is the current light status of the extender?

How far away between the main router and extender? what about the signal strength?

With computer connected to the extender, please check the wired speed and wireless speed separately. Then please show me the pictures of test results.

Meanwhile, please check the wired/wireless link speed: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

To do a comparison analysis, please put your computer next to the extender and connect it to the main router to run the speed test and show me the result. 

Besides,, you can refer  to the information below to troubleshoot.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2232/

Any updates, please let me know.

Best regards.

Options
2020-03-19 12:28:02

@Kevin_Z 

What is the current light status of the extender?

How far away between the main router and extender? what about the signal strength?

Approx 4-5m - router on the 1st floor, extender on the 2nd.

With computer connected to the extender, please check the wired speed and wireless speed separately. Then please show me the pictures of test results.

To do a comparison analysis, please put your computer next to the extender and connect it to the main router to run the speed test and show me the result. 

So looks like everything working well. Main problem is in low signal from extender on the 2nd floor in approx 8m far from. But it depends from the distance. Could I connect extender to extender to make signal stronger in the farest rooms on 2nd floor?

BR

Alex

Options
2020-03-20 06:05:07

@Ihtiander 

Hi Alex, it seems that the extender works well, but the distance( network environment) affects the performance. It is not suggested to connect another extender to this one to boost wifi signal.

Instead, if the whole house is running after the power circuit, powerline adapters with wifi function is a good choice, like TL-WPA7510KIT, TL-WPA8630KIT. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-20 08:28:26

@Kevin_Z 

Thanx a lot - I hope it will be the best solution in my case.

BR

Alex

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 827

Replies: 4

Related Articles