TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-14 16:07:31 - last edited 2019-08-14 16:09:54
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 181214 Rel.49556n

Hi,

Few days a go i`ve bought this router becuase the phone that i used for Mobile Hotspot had a low signal. Today i`ve seen a very big increase in my data. I`ve closed everything and started to check the "Network > Data" Settings page evey minute. To my surprise, it grows every time i look. I would like to know why. When i had the phone, my daily use was 1GB ... now with the router i have 1GB in 7 hours. 

I wanted to activate DoS Protection but i`m unable to do that. The reason is: "Dos protection and Traffic Monitor must be enabled at the same time". When i go to the "Traffic Monitor" page there is nothing, just a blank page. 

I `ve searched for updates but it says i have the last update installed.

Can someone tell me what to do to stop the data consuption increase ? I`ve closed everything except the router admin page (nothing in the background)  and it does not stop. It never happened when i had the sim card in my phone. 

Pic 1 is where i check data: https://i.imgur.com/hvVWsmx.png

Pic 2 is the blank page from Traffic Monitor: https://i.imgur.com/UMEJc9x.png

Thanks

Options
7 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened
2019-08-15 08:52:46

@Joca_Joca 

For the traffic monitor feature, with it turned on, you can view the traffic usage of a device in the past 10 minutes or that of all devices in the past 10 minutes/24 hours/7 days.

For the blank page, please try to refresh the web UI or change another web browser or another devices to access the web UI and verify whether you can see the traffic monitor page. 

And then you can enable the DOS protection to protect your home network against DoS attacks from flooding your network with server requests.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened
2019-08-15 22:38:16

Kevin_Z wrote

@Joca_Joca 

For the traffic monitor feature, with it turned on, you can view the traffic usage of a device in the past 10 minutes or that of all devices in the past 10 minutes/24 hours/7 days.

For the blank page, please try to refresh the web UI or change another web browser or another devices to access the web UI and verify whether you can see the traffic monitor page. 

And then you can enable the DOS protection to protect your home network against DoS attacks from flooding your network with server requests.

May it help and have a nice day. 

It worked with Microsoft Edge.

One more question please: What should i put at DoS Protection at ICMP, UDP and TCP ? Low, Middle or High ?  

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened
2019-08-16 01:31:44

@Joca_Joca 

It depends on the actual situation, you can enable all of them if you are not sure about it.

The level of protection is based on the number of traffic packets. The protection will be triggered immediately when the number of packets exceeds the preset threshold value (the value can be set on Dos Protection Level Settings section of the same page), and the vicious host will be displayed in the Blocked DoS Host List.

May it help. Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened
2019-08-16 08:30:02

Kevin_Z wrote

@Joca_Joca 

It depends on the actual situation, you can enable all of them if you are not sure about it.

The level of protection is based on the number of traffic packets. The protection will be triggered immediately when the number of packets exceeds the preset threshold value (the value can be set on Dos Protection Level Settings section of the same page), and the vicious host will be displayed in the Blocked DoS Host List.

May it help. Nice day. 

Thanks a lot for your help heart

Options
Re:TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened
2019-08-16 09:54:49

@Joca_Joca 

You are most welcome, it is glad to help you.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened
2019-08-16 20:37:15

Kevin_Z wrote

@Joca_Joca 

You are most welcome, it is glad to help you.

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Good day. 

Two last questions just to be sure: If i set them all 3 (ICMP, UDP, TCP) at low, it means that the DoS protection will be triggered when small amount of packets are detected, right ? Low means best protection ? This is something new to me that`s why i`m asking.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-MR6400 (New Version) = Traffic Monitor blank page + Data usage without having anything opened
2019-08-19 01:35:23

@Joca_Joca 

Please refer to the pictures attached. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2257

Replies: 7