Extending network to garden office.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-15 10:00:04 - last edited 2019-08-16 06:11:40
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a virgin media broadband connecction into my home which I connect to my Archer c9.  I also have a garden office some way from my house, so I have run an ethernet cable to this, which terminates onto a TL-WR841N in the garden office. 

This all works fine. However, I now have two seperate wifi networks - one in the house, one in the garden office.

I would like that I can 'roam' between these networks, since when I'm using my iphone/tablet in the home or garden office I would need to be on the same network as those other devices that are physically located in the home/garden.

I'm sure this is possibe but can't find instructions how to acheive this.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

James

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extending network to garden office.
2019-08-16 06:18:43

@JamesJFoley 

So the current network diagram is Virgin Media broadband--Archer C9--TL-WR841N(in the garden office); the Archer C9 and TL-WR841N have their own network name and you want to roam between two routers seamlessly, right?

First, the two routers do not support seamless roaming feature, while you can change their wireless network settings to the same; if your laptop or smart phone support this feature, they will be able to roam; while the actual effect is related to many factors, like the router/clients settings, distance and so on. 

You can give it a go first.

Besides, for your information, we have a whole mesh wifi system product, which is called Deco series. You can click the link below to get more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/deco/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 907

Replies: 1

Related Articles