Twin port configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Twin port configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Twin port configuration
Twin port configuration
2019-08-15 12:03:01
Model: TL-PA4020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm a recent user of the https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa4020p-kit/ kit with a double LAN port. I am using it to send two different signals from the same router. One signal is for iptv and the other is for the internet. The ports on the router are configured properly.

Is there a proper way to configure the two ports on the powerline so that the left port (left input and left output) are one network and the right ports another separate network?

I get everything running the way I want to, but it's mostly a trial and error system. Also, when i get it working, it seems to mix the signals, so not all data (for example EPG) is getting where it's supposed to.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Regards, Adnan

Options
2 Reply
Re:Twin port configuration
2019-08-16 09:52:04

@pezzar 

The powerline adapters are used to extend the wifi range or provide more available ethernet ports and make your devices access internet.

While for the IPTV issue, as my knowledge, the IPTV need plugged into the specific LAN port with IPTV VLAN ID enabled;

However the TL-PA4020P does not support IPTV feature, it is hard to guarantee the performance if the IPTV plugged into the adapter directly.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Twin port configuration
2019-08-16 12:08:56

Thanks for Your reply.

I was hoping that there is a way to separate two lan networks , that would work in my case. I may have been missled by the twin port configuration.

If it is impossible to separate the networks, I don't see the purpose of two ports on the entry powerline. The output I understand, it's for connecting several devices, but what's tzhe purpose on the input? 

The IPTV works fine, untill I plug in the internet cable. Then it gets somewhat confused, still works but with some functionality loss.

Well, actually it works, just not as good or easy or streight forward as I had hoped. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 2

Related Articles