HS 200 switch flashing red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-15 14:16:44 - last edited 2019-08-15 14:21:01
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 7 to 8 HS200 units all over my house.   Two units keep disconnecting from the application.   In specific I have tried now to reset them multiple times.    After few attempts at reset I can get them to connect and also work, however next day they are both again disconnected.    Wifi signal was the first culprid.   I checked and signal near these units is strong.   I also put them on a net new wifi network with no other devices hence channel traffic as an issue was eliminated.   Still no change.

I updated the firmware as well to latest firmware from inside the application.   I am at wits end.   It seems these two units are the only ones w an issue.   I have two other smart switch units in the same gange and they work just fine.    

Is this a known issue?   Is there any suggestions or fixes?   

Quick edit:   I had these installed last year and they worked for some 10 to 11 months perfectly.   It seems at the time that they start to misbehave was somewhere around 3 weeks ago when I both updated the firmware on them, and then after changed my wifi password also

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS 200 switch flashing red
2019-08-16 14:52:29

If they're flashing red (amber) they're unable to connect to your wifi.  You shouldn't need to reset - does the restart button not work?  Are you using APs?  If so they may not be connecting where you think - they don't always connect to the strongest signal.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 1