Trouble with my WiFi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-17 15:20:52 - last edited 2020-07-29 03:39:20
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I did setup my new wifi router Archer AC2300 V1 some 2 weeks ago and everything went well.

Last day, my new wifi network dissapeared and after many tests, I had to remove my archer AC 2300 and replace it with my old wifi router.

Here is what I did to try and resolve the problem

1) I tried to reconnect to the wifi network of my AC2300, but it did not work - so I couldn't use the Thther app.

2) I connected my laptop to an ethernet port of the AC2300 to reconfigure a new 2.4 Ghz wifi signal, but to no success. Even if I follow all the sequence suggested in the install book (which I did the first time when I installed the router), there is no new wifi signal that I can login to. I made sure to make the new signal ''visible'' and I tried the copy Mac address and not copy the mac address but to no success

Plz, con someone help me with this. I don't know why the network dissapeared after 2 weeks i created it, and I can't create a new network that i can ses and loggin to.

Thx,

Ben

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Trouble with my WiFi network-Solution
2020-07-29 03:39:14 - last edited 2020-07-29 03:39:20

@Grafitario 

Hello,

Which country are you located in and what is the hardware version and firmware version of your C2300? Kindly show me the screenshot.

Try to reset the C2300 to factory defaults and check again if the default SSID will show up, it not, there might be an issue with the wireless module on the router, it is suggested to contact the local tech support to check the warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Trouble with my WiFi network
2019-08-17 17:39:52 - last edited 2019-08-17 18:02:35

Same thing happend to me with same Router - Archer C2300 but with 5Ghz.

Sometimes it dissaphires and sometimes it shows but with very very slow wifi speed with Archer C2300

Options
2019-08-20 02:12:23

@Ben0 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

What is the led status of the Archer A2300 at that time? You still can see the wireless network name but failed to connect to it, right?

Is there any error message? Do both 2.4GHz and 5GHz have the same issue?

When the wifi got disconnected, can you get internet from the A2300 by ethernet cable?

Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings yet? Including wireless channel and channel width. For example, change channel of 2.4GHz to 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20Mhz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 and 44, channel width 80MHz; 

There is a guidance you can refer to to narrow down the issue as well: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Trouble with my WiFi network
2019-08-20 02:14:24

@Archer-s 

Hello, I found that you have raised a ticket email and my colleague follows up.

You can reply her email and then try to fix it together. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-12-28 23:57:11

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Ihave tried to fix the problem for a few hours and I still can't setup correctly my Router. I will try to give you the maximum information so we can fix the problem and get the router to work. Here are some answers to your previous questions.

What is the led status of the Archer A2300 at that time? I see the Power, 2.4 Ghz, 5Ghz and internet symbol lit up. 

You still can see the wireless network name but failed to connect to it, right? I cannot see the wireless network name, neither the one I created some month ago and that worked for a few days before dissapearing, nor the initial SSID

Is there any error message? I haven't seen an error message

Do both 2.4GHz and 5GHz have the same issue? I'd have to say that both have the same issue as I can't connect to either. When I connect directly via an ethernet cable between my laptop and the router, and go to the 192.168.0.1, I did the "easy" setup or the basic one, I don't remember the exact name. I created a new network but I can't see it on my laptop Wifi, or on my Ipad or Iphone. I changed the Ethernet Cable too so it ain't a broken cable issue.

When the wifi got disconnected, can you get internet from the A2300 by ethernet cable? Yes, I can get internet through the router and with an Ethernet cable on my laptop.

Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings yet? Including wireless channel and channel width. For example, change channel of 2.4GHz to 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20Mhz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 and 44, channel width 80MHz; No, I haven't

I have resetted the router to it's factory settings (via the ethernetcable and the 192.168.0.1 interface). This has not led to any success as the factory SSID isn't visible on my iphone, laptop or Ipad.

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. The Firmware was up to date 2 month ago, i did the update

Looking forward to be able to use my router !

Ben

Options
2020-03-21 14:11:29 - last edited 2020-03-21 14:23:57

@Ben0 

Hi!

Is your problem solved? I have a same problem at the moment (The routers works well about 1 week after the first startup, but suddenly stops, and after not works correctly). No wifi (I didn't see the SSIDs), 2.4G and 5G neither. Additional info: In the basic wireless settings the router shows that the 5G isn't available in my country (I'm in Hungary and I have an another same type router on an another location/city, which works correctly more than a months). I tried all latest an old EU firmwares and restore defaults too without success.

Waiting any reply. Thanks.

Options
2020-03-22 06:14:30

@Ben0 

The same thing happened to me with same Router - Archer C2300 but with 5Ghz.

Sometimes it disappears and sometimes it shows but with very very slow wifi speed with Archer C2300 

Options
2020-03-23 12:30:09
Hi! Is Ben0's problem solved? I have a same problem at the moment (The routers works well about 1 week after the first startup, but suddenly stops, and after not works correctly). No wifi (I didn't see the SSIDs), 2.4G and 5G neither. Additional info: In the basic wireless settings the router shows that the 5G isn't available in my country (I'm in Hungary and I have an another same type router on an another location/city, which works correctly more than a months). I tried all latest an old EU firmwares and restore defaults too without success. Waiting any reply. Thanks.
Options
2020-07-27 12:39:09

@ Ben0 I have the same problem and I can no longer return the item. How can you help me please?

Options
2020-07-27 18:40:38

tengo el mismo problema alguien que ayude en la solucion, resulta bastante tedioso

Options
Re:Trouble with my WiFi network-Solution
2020-07-29 03:39:14 - last edited 2020-07-29 03:39:20

@Grafitario 

Hello,

Which country are you located in and what is the hardware version and firmware version of your C2300? Kindly show me the screenshot.

Try to reset the C2300 to factory defaults and check again if the default SSID will show up, it not, there might be an issue with the wireless module on the router, it is suggested to contact the local tech support to check the warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2640

Replies: 11

Related Articles