I don't get the speed shown on tpPLC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-21 19:04:23
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 170629

Hi,

I have the TL-PA9025P-KIT and I installed the tpPLC because I don't have the speed I should have. As you can see on the picture below, it shows around 1000 mbps but I only get 100 to 150 mbps when I do a speed test. I tried with a direct cable to my router and I get the maximum speed I can get (400 mbps). So I really don't know where the problem is coming from. Why is the application showing 1gbps if I only get 10% of it?

Thank you for your help

Options
1 Reply
Re:I don't get the speed shown on tpPLC
2019-08-22 07:34:55

@Chuug 

Hello, the tpPLC speed is not the actual speed, instead, it is the powerline link rate between the 2 adapters; the speed we can get from is about 30%-40% of it, combined with the interference, the actual speed even be slower. 

While cause the current speed is just 10% of it, we can do some troubleshooting on it. 

1. The speed you can get from the TL-PA9025PKIT with computer connected to it only.

2. Please click here to verify the wired negotiation speed of the computer. 

Note:The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet connection. 

3. Try to move them into the same room to test the speed, or change another wall sockets to plug them.

Below is a guidance you can refer to narrow down the issue. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2231/

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1976

Replies: 1

Related Articles