Can’t log in to the Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-22 16:56:27

On my IPhone X I have installed the Deco app. 

It worked fine earlier. 

Suddenly it told me “Log in failed, try again”.

I’ve changed my password a couple of times without success. 

Version on of the app TP-link Deco” is 1.9.6

Options
34 Reply
Re:Can’t log in to the Deco app
2019-08-23 05:41:46

@BoBest 

What is the OS version of the iPhoneX? And what is the model number of the Deco?

When you failed to login  to the Deco app, can you get internet from the Deco with iPhone connected to the wireless? 

Have you tried to change another smart phone to give it a go?

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Can’t log in to the Deco app
2019-08-23 08:29:00

IPhone X OS version is 12.4

Deco model:M5

Just to clarify: I have problem to access the Deco app on my IPhone. 

The Deco system works perfectly fine. 

//Bo

Options
Re:Re:Can’t log in to the Deco app
2019-08-24 16:46:38

I have now tried to use the TP-Link Deco app on another smart phone, an IPhone 8 with the latest OS. 

Same result “login failed”.

I have no problem to access the Wi-fi on my IPhone. It works perfect. 

The only issue is the app. 

IOS: 12.5

deco M5

kind regards//Bo

Options
Re:Re:Re:Can’t log in to the Deco app
2019-08-26 06:46:20

@BoBest 

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

To locate the issue and fix it, would you please confirm the app version? Is it 1.9.6 or 1.9.5? As my knowledge, the latest one should be 1.9.5.

Meanwhile, please try to connect your iPhone to the Deco's network and use the cellular data to login to the Deco app and test whether it works. 

Still the same, please show us a screenshot of the error message you saw on the login page and the cloud account.

Note: You can send the cloud account to me privately via message due to the security/privacy. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Can’t log in to the Deco app
2019-12-04 01:37:44

I was having same issue - not being able to log in to the app.  Turning off the WiFi and using cellular allowed me to log in the app.

Options
2019-12-06 18:21:15

Same here! Can't log into the app. Deco station and intergent work fine. Tried resetting password 3 or 4 times. With wifi disabled I can log into the app and account.

Deco app version 1.9.17 for ios (13.2.3)

Tried to login from different devices (iphone, ipad). 

Any news on how to solve the problem without resetting the whole setup? 

Thanks!

Options
2019-12-08 23:00:59

@BoBest 

I have the same problem. I have to turn off the wifi to logon to the cloud. Yet I have resetted my password and it wants to setup the device again. Doesn't it store the setup in the cloud? The app version is 1.9.13. I would like to setup the app to a tablet, that is not possible now

Options
2019-12-16 11:24:39

Thank you TP-Link for all the support....said no one ever 

Options
2019-12-18 01:33:29

Hi all,

Please ensure that your Deco products support web UI first. Then you can follow the instruction below to login:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2641/

If you failed to access it, you can read the article below to do some troubleshooting. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2715/

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-18 21:02:26
Sorry, not working. On the phone I can login to the app, yet I have to install the whole setup again, can't get further. I have the login page in the network, but it is not excepting my password to login to the device setup.When I want to reset my password, it refers back to the app that is not working... It looks like I have to redo the setup again, if it will do this again, yet the whole setup is working, only the app is not..
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 13555

Replies: 34