Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?

2019-08-23 05:08:29 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: AD7200
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a 30 meg plan through my provider. What i want to do is create and limit a guest network so that no matter how many devices are attached they all share a capped (15meg) network. Has anyone done this through their firmware? property in lower parel

Looking through amazon i saw a specific model TC-W7960 (N300) combo modem/router. I emailed the manufacturer directly through their live expert agent option but just received an unhelpful answer. They basically told me that model is only a modem, which it clearly says its not. (The TC-W7960 combines a DOCSIS 3.0 modem with a 300Mbps Wi-Fi router to help you get more from your Internet). Then they just referred me to 10 different model numbers of ONLY routers. I could just get a router but when i saw this combo unit i thought it would be a better choice since my modem is from like 2009. Anyway just wanted to see if i could receive a more helpful answer here since contacting their support agents was just a waste of time. 2 bhk flat in keshav nagar pune

Options
1 Reply
Re:Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
3 weeks ago

@mackjones 

Hello, the TC-W7960 is a modem router combo, and it supports guest network.

While it does not support bandwidth control for guest network, in other word, we cannot limit the speed of the guest network. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options