TL-PA411 needs constant rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA411 needs constant rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
72 Reply
Re:TL-PA411 needs constant rebooting
2014-12-01 16:43:45
I've already contact the support email and telephone both. But the technician told me if the middle green led is active the link is established and it is impossible to have any kind of problems with the ip or tcp protocol.

But It's not true. I tried to connect the main computer under powerline and a notebook connected directly on the router. The problem is related to the powerline units.

I used them for long time when a Linux server was installed in my house connected to internet through a openvpn connection. Probably the openvpn kept awake the units, I'd no problem for months.
Without it sometime a short pause among to different tracks playback in Google Play music is enough to sleep them, I guess.

As I said, I tried to change the units to avoid the event of a hw failure but with no result. This is intolerable.
Options
2014-12-02 14:09:54
This kind of problem is annoying...How often does it happen? You keep it on all the time or sometimes you will power them off when you don't use them?
When connection drops, the utility can still detect the remote adapter? What's the status of local area connection on the PC, any IP address obtained and default gateway obtained?
Options
2014-12-02 16:18:59

Ada wrote

This kind of problem is annoying...How often does it happen?

Randomnly, sometimes work fine for hours, sometimes for minutes. Often come back to work fine in few seconds sometimes in minutes

You keep it on all the time or sometimes you will power them off when you don't use them?

My units are always connected

When connection drops, the utility can still detect the remote adapter?

Yes, by tp-link power utility and the middle green led confirm that.

What's the status of local area connection on the PC, any IP address obtained and default gateway obtained?

The router is not reachable, when problem appears it is an IP level problem
Options
2014-12-03 16:20:14

Red5goahead wrote

The router is not reachable, when problem appears it is an IP level problem

If you assign a static IP, does it fix the problem?
Options
2014-12-03 16:43:48

Mavis wrote

If you assign a static IP, does it fix the problem?

I have a pc, the myskyHD and a smart TV under powerline, no one work fine during these period.
The router ip is un-pingable. What's the matter with the static ip?
Options
2014-12-04 22:50:40
Another disappointed customer here. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread with no success.

I have noticed that usually the problem happens when I am using some household appliance (the washer and the air conditioner seems to cause a lot of disconnections).
Options
2014-12-05 14:10:59

kScope wrote

Another disappointed customer here. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread with no success.

I have noticed that usually the problem happens when I am using some household appliance (the washer and the air conditioner seems to cause a lot of disconnections).

Household appliances do affect performance of powerline adapters. Move such equipment to other place or move powerline adapters away from such equipment.
Options
2014-12-05 15:00:48

Red5goahead wrote

I have a pc, the myskyHD and a smart TV under powerline, no one work fine during these period.
The router ip is un-pingable. What's the matter with the static ip?

Because you said it is IP level problem, I thought no IP address obtained...
Can you exchange them to different models?
Options
2014-12-05 16:42:12

Ada wrote

Household appliances do affect performance ..

I've no doubt about that but the problem is not the performance.

The link is still established when the issue show up because the middle green led is on and the utility confirm that.

I've no problem if the powerline slow down even for several seconds but it is unacceptable that lose the tcp/ip connection totally.

Anyway this evening I'll go to pick up new units, not Tp-link.
Options
2014-12-17 22:18:04

Ada wrote

Household appliances do affect performance of powerline adapters. Move such equipment to other place or move powerline adapters away from such equipment.

That is simply not the problem being discussed here. the utility reports no drop in connection speed.
Options
Related Articles