Is it possible to change the mac address of a WiFi extender configured as an access point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it possible to change the mac address of a WiFi extender configured as an access point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-14 17:42:40
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to use my wifi extender as an access point in my office ethernet connection, but there is a mac address filtering so I want to clone the pc mac address in order to have a wifi network. I checked the configuration options and there's not a clone mac address option. Can this be done?

laugh

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to change the mac address of a WiFi extender configured as an access point?
2019-09-16 06:40:31

@albertotapia80 

Hi, there is no option to clone the MAC address on the TL-WA855RE itself.

Usually the mac filtering applies to wireless devices, if you configure the TL-WA855RE as access point, it can connect to the main router directly to get internet.

For the wireless devices which will connect to the extender's wifi, you can add them into the white list of the mac address filtering settings. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6346

Replies: 1

Related Articles