Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
81 Reply
Re:Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"
2020-02-03 21:45:42

Today I redid my tests, and even used fixed IPs again, with only 3 devices connected to wifi, one of the nokia 2.2 was a bit more stable, I could play a 30min video without major issues but as soon more devices connected to the wifi (!), I saw the dread connected/no internet, aven after coming from "sleep" it would just not connect (both nokia 2.2).

I just enabled the ISP router wifi just so that those two nokia 2.2 can have a decent, and always connected, wifi connection.

If you check the tp-link threads, there are too many issues to be just a coincidence, and across all the deco version (from E4 to P9), and most of the devices with issues are mediatek devices somehow. Even openwrt foruns have a lot of threads with issues with mediatek devices (not only crouter side but also at client side), but there are some fixes and bug corrections, maybe tp-link picked an older version, one that has issues with some client types, but since they seem not to test with these before releasing a product, or follow the openwrt threads and update the firmwares with more recente releases, I am afraid that these will never be fixed. New products will come and these will be forgotten ...

I will never ever consider any tp-link or nokia product in the future (consumer or enterprise grade), we, consumers, are not their [beta] testers.

Options
2020-02-10 01:02:15 - last edited 2020-02-10 01:02:57

@VCL I think I may have a similar problem here. Internet works fews minutes and suddnely stops on my Miui Redmi 6A whereas an iphone and two computers do not seem to show any deconnection. In order to get connection, I can switch off and on back wifi on my cellphone in order to get back the connection but it generally fails after a few minutes.. 

Options
2020-02-10 07:11:44

@Manouchk 

Redmi 6a... Mediatek processor again....

Options
2020-02-17 09:41:31

One guy in the Nokia foruns said that he also had issues with his nokia 2.2 on the deco M4 network, he switched to deco M5 and issue gone?!

(here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/52246/bugs-observed-so-far-on-nokia-2-2#latest)

This really points to an issue with the deco M4 firmware, not the phone!

Options
2020-02-26 03:24:27

@VCL 

Using a samsung galaxy 10e and same problem. I have over ten devices all connected no problem, but they are google, iphone, etc.

My galaxy is the only one with 'connected, no internet'.

Is there seriously no fix for this yet?

Are there full refunds available due to this issue?

Options
2020-02-26 07:34:33

@Stephen.vdw 

Cause other wireless devices work well with the Deco network, the Deco mesh network should be working fine. And only the Samsung smartphone has this problem, you can do some troubleshooting on it.

1. Do you have this issue on your Samsung phone since you bought the Deco network? 

2. When connected but no internet, did you Samsung cellphone obtain valid IP address and gateway from Deco? Can you ping the gateway of Deco from your phone?

3. Try to connect the main Deco to the modem only and then verify whether you have the same issue.

4. Besides, you can contact the tech support of Samsung to get some help; like upgrade the OS version of the cellphone or so. 

Options
2020-02-26 09:34:11

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

Maybe Stephen has issues just with his Samsung device. But me and another people in this forum have issues with several devices.

I recommended the Deco M4-pair to my friend because he didn't have enough coverage in his house with a standard home wifi-router. I helped him to set these Decos up, and in the first minutes it seemed to work perfectly. But not every devices of his household was there at this time. He called me after 2-3 days that some of the phones (iPhone 6S) and the TV (LG) doesn't work, or if they works then insanely slow. I went back to the house and tested it for myself, walking around. Firstly it works, afterwards it gets slow, or not working. I took the Decos to my house for testing. The same. Turned on and off functions like beamforming, 2G-5G, and all the stuff which can be related, but no luck. 

Really useless!

After these test I wrote my first post here, suggesting that I'm looking forward to a new firmware for Deco M4 hardware version V1.

Since then my friend is using a standard home wireless router flawlessly (with limited coverage as before) and the two Deco on the shelf is a dust catcher since 3 months. Just being paid.

A new firmware would be great for V1, or a replace from TP-Link to an another working system.

(I have Ubiquiti Unifi system at home, and had Ignitenet before, both working well with all my devices. That proves again that something is wrong with Deco M4 V1)

Options
2020-03-07 10:06:31 - last edited 2020-03-07 10:13:17

I am experiencing the same issue. Just a week ago I installed two Deco M4 at home. There is always connection to the M4 Deco itself but the actual internet connection varies randomly. Mi Internet connection is stable. The issue has nothing to do with beamforming or fast roaming, since both features have been disabled. I have tried every possible setup but I always get excellent connection at first and then speed drops that make the devices hardly usable. This might be due to incorrect roaming between deco devices, but shouldn't a wifi mesh network perform seamless roaming?  This is specially annoying with Google services such as YouTube. A quick fix is toggling the wifi on the client device (iPhone, LG TV, MacBook...) and once it reconnects it is provided the expected bandwidth. Still, we should not being doing so with a WiFi Mesh setup.

I'm guessing it has to do with the firmware too, so please update asap. I can't help feeling disappointed. Any help would be appreciated 

Options
2020-03-30 22:36:51

@VCL 

Hello there!

I dont't know if the issue in this forum hes been solved or not, but I have the same issue.  I have a set of three Deco M4r in use and my family members complaint about losing wifi on different smart phones such as iPhone 8, 10 and 11 as well as I just took over my son's HUawei mate 10 pro, and I have an issue with it as well. I had a Lumia 950XL and a Samsung S8 for quite a while but I did not experienced anything and I never had connection problem with Laptops or work-stations either. I just changed working-mode from router to accesspoint recently, but it did not solve my problem. I would like to get advice on this matter, 'cause it is really annoying!

Best regards

Options
2020-04-04 08:43:04
I've created separate thread for that with system log showing the issue: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201892?page=1
Options