TL-WPA4220 connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220 connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 connected but no internet
2021-09-01 17:25:01

@tigerm25 

This post will be handled by the Global team but I did delete your other replies.  Please use the embedded feature to add the photos. Due to the risk associated with attached downloads we ask customers to embedded the images instead.  

Options
2021-11-05 14:29:17

@IanE 

I have exactly the same problem with the WPA4220 disconnecting from Internet. I do not understand why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. If the problem is the power cables then it should not work at all. I am starting to doubt the quality of the device itself. If this is so then I have wasted my money (I bought two fof them!) and will have to buy a device from a different supplier.

Has anyone managed to solve this problem? It would be great if you could share your solution.

Options
2022-04-13 07:57:15 - last edited 2022-04-13 07:59:16

@IanE 

Sorry to dig up an oldish thread, but I too am now experiencing this issue. I have the same devices with one in the lounge next to the router, and one in the bedroom for home working. The setup has worked flawlessly for over a year now and I've been very pleased up to now.

In the last week I've been experiencing the following:

• Powerline operating at full speed over ethernet, but then slows to around 300kbps.
  • All lights are on steady including the sync light.
  • PC suddenly responds with "No Internet" closing my VPN, Teams etc. - all lights still steady on the powerline adapter.
  • Reboot of the powerline 'sometimes' fixes it - occasionally takes two or three reboots to get it going or waiting 30 seconds in between.
  • Sometimes I have to power down BOTH the master unit near the router and the slave unit in the bedroom.
  • When it DOES fix it, I usually have about 30 minutes full speed before the connection slows again, and eventually cuts out.
  • When reporting that there is no internet, I cannot actually PING the unit - it doesn't respond over ethernet.

The WIFI connection to the unit is still available and can be connected to when the loss of internet occurs, but obviously you can't access anything over it. On WIFI or Ethernet if you try to connect to the IP in Chrome, it just doesn't connect as though the unit isn't there anymore. In Windows it just says "Connected, No Internet". Powerline has latest firmware (4.0.3 and same build as on the firmware page on your website).

To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed 'electrically' in the vicinity of either device in terms of new things being plugged in. It's hard to actually get access behind our TV cabinet where the master unit is located, so nothing else new has been plugged in there. All existing devices around each plug are as they have been for the last 12 months, but then literally a week ago it's all fallen apart.

The only device I know of which DOES cause problems is a laptop charger for my wife's laptop. When that is plugged into any socket in the lounge, it kills the powerline so is obviously very electrically 'noisy'. However I have confirmed that this is not plugged in anywhere in the house when the problem occurs.

Any ideas?

Options
2022-04-26 03:36:05 - last edited 2022-04-26 03:38:29

@BinaryAxis 

Hello everyone, 

As this thread is a bit old, it is encouraged to start a new thread for tart a new thread for PLC unstable Paired but no internet issue with device model &  hardware version and we will try to look into that further.  Here are some tips which you could give it try: 

1. Refer to FAQ here to update firmware for powerline device & disable Power save mode: What should I do if connection is not stable when the device is connected to TP-Link Powerline Adapter?

2. Log in to the web interface of the power-line extender; then manually turn off DHCP;

(As for the subnet mask, gateway, and DNS, you could refer to the related settings on the router.)

3.lf the issue occurs on certain device, you could reserve an IP address for the device on router, or set up static IP for that device. 

If the above does not help, it is encouraged to create a new thread from here with the case details, please report back with some information below to help locate the issue: 

1)  may I know House Led/LED Status on both devices when AV600 drops connection? 

If House Led is On when issue happens, please check the IPv4 address and gateway on your device and send us a photo: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

2)  How often does the issue happen? How to recover the connection, like reboot router or powerline device. 
3) When issue occurs, do not reboot but try to ping the default gateway and send us the ping results:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/
4) May I know your network topology?e.g Archer C7 <Ethernet>PA4010 downstaits  ___<house powerline>WPA4220 upstairs.

Do you have a stable wired connection on the main router?

Thankyou. 

Options
Related Articles