MR600 - problem seeing received sms messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR600 - problem seeing received sms messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
184 Reply
Re:MR600 - problem seeing received sms messages
2019-11-03 21:27:34
For that new firmware you must reset the router as it's still using the old settings. Mine didn't work until I did a full reset Thanks Paul
Options
2019-11-10 18:34:23

@PaulWilliams I swallowed a couple of brave pills, then reset the MR600 router to factory setting. After taking screenshots of all the new page settings, of course. Glad to say the combination of the Beta firmware upgrade, and factory reset, now shows messages in the inbox and they can be read.  All the previous messages have disappeared so they must have been unimportant, I can live with that.   It was a lot easier altering settings to the screenshots, this time round, including "One Mesh" and. "Smart Connect" which made replacing the bog-standard network-issue router with the MR600 worthwhile in the first place.

Options
2019-11-11 10:40:35

@M7sthlm 

Where to download beta Fimware ? downlink not wokring. 

Options
2019-11-11 11:57:35

@pMR600   Hi . Yes I had a similar problem until I realised it wasn't a link to upgrade; the file has to be downloaded to your computer so that you access it when you are ready to upgrade. After you click the link, go to your download location and you should see the file there. To install the file, go to the router's Advanced tab; Settings; firmware upgrade. In the section with the "Browse" button, use the button to locate the file in downloads, and double click the file. The file should then appear in the blank box.       Don't install the upgrade until you have noted any router settings you may have changed, because messages do not start appearing until after you have installed the "beta" upgrade AND restored the router to factory settings.  Some notes about the "upgrade": a watermark appears on router pages after the upgrade (confidential / test); all messages prior to the upgrade are lost, so if you think there are any important ones, put the SIM in a phone to read them. I didn't bother, they were probably just the network telling me I could view my bill; there is no issue returning to your new settings, messages still show; a wired connection is recommended during down loads and upgrades, I have a fairly robust wireless network, and didn't have any issues .   Hope it works for you.

Options
2019-12-12 10:15:26

@Kevin_Z 

I have had the same problem with the MR600(EU) and SMS messages since I installed the router a couple of months ago. I just discovered this thread though, and see many others have the same issue.

Is the beta firmware available anywhere? The provided link to the firmware doesn't work anymore :( When can we expect a new firmware release?

Options
2019-12-12 17:40:15

@Khimani I tried this link, it doesn't work. Do you have a mirror?

Options
2019-12-12 22:25:17

@Kevin_Z    Yes downloading and installing the beta software did work after resetting the device to factory settings, and all seemed to be well until yesterday when I could not read received messages again (the available inbox messages is still displayed). Has there been a change to the beta software, or is there another download required. I tried to update firmware, but that shows the lates available is installed

Options
2019-12-17 17:36:56

Hi

So I got tired of this and spent some time to solve it for myself.

The source of the issue seems to be a weird character code after the sender name when the sms comes from a company (for me POSTNORD and BAUHAUS). It seems to be 65533, but I'm not too familiar with how utf-8 works, or if I unpack the sms content correctly.

You have something called CryptoJS somewhere. 

var CryptoJS = CryptoJS || function(f, t)

In it you find this stringify function 

c = o.Utf8 = {
            stringify: function(t) {
                try {
                    return decodeURIComponent(escape(a.stringify(t)))
                } catch (t) {
                    throw new Error("Malformed UTF-8 data")
                }
            },
            parse: function(t) {
                return a.parse(unescape(encodeURIComponent(t)))
            }
        },

decodeURIComponent throws an error. Just removing decodeURIComponent and escape works for me.

If you as user wants to see your messages; it's a bit tricky without some coding knowledge but if you open your browser's js debugger and enable the exception breakpoint you will eventually end up at the code above with decodeURIComponent. 

Paste this in the console at this point:

this.stringify = function(t){ try{return a.stringify(t)} catch(t){console.log(t)}}

In Safari it could look a bit like this

Then (without reloading the page) click the sms page numbers and the messages should/might appear. 

Options
2019-12-17 20:57:19
Options
2019-12-17 21:03:49
Did you reset to factory settings? Mine worked after that. You can still change router name and passwords after that. However, it stopped working last week again, and listed messages are no longer readable.
Options