How to remove registered clients from clients list

How to remove registered clients from clients list

88 Reply
Re:How to remove registered clients from clients list
2021-08-27 20:22:24

@Xen69007 

I came to the realization this isn't going to be fixed so I shifted to a whitelist, instead of a blacklist, it's a pain to setup, but once you get it going, and when new people/devices need to be added but, all parental controls work and MAC spoofing doesn't work. When it's a whitelist, everything is blocked by default and you have to allow the devices to connect, a blacklist allows everything and you have to block what you don't want to connect. If you want a smart phone (droid or Apple) to connect, you need to turn off MAC spoofing in the device for your home network.

Options
2021-08-27 20:53:58

Ramki wrote

@Whammamoosha Same issue here with AX50. I have upgraded firmware today which is released recently. Still the same issue. There is no option to remove unwanted/inactive devices from the list/database manually

@Ramki 

WTF! AX50 is a pretty new device and TP-LIMP (sic) won't implement the client list cleanup even in those?

They don't really give a f*** about customer input. Not even to a thread this size. Shame, shame, shame!

Sorry for the language, pal. Good luck.

Options
2021-11-13 18:18:33

@Kevin_Z the entire reason I purchased this router was for better control over the devices on my network for parental settings. Please, direct me to the correct product that has what I am looking for.

Options
2021-12-10 09:45:20

Fck TP-Link!

Unwilling to implement simile customer requests pending for years.

Fck TP-Link!

Options
2021-12-12 18:18:45

Found a solution, I change router and returned TP link back to Costco. 

Options
2021-12-26 04:45:13
That's a terrible workaround suggestion.
Options
2022-05-07 15:24:53 - last edited 2022-05-07 15:25:27

Why can't there simply be a tab of recognized clients, with buttons or links next to each so they can be renamed (given friendly names), deleted, blocked, restricted, etc.?

And why wasn't this done from the start, years ago? Seems like such an obvious and important feature. Can't believe this doesn't exist. 

Options
2022-08-15 16:56:43

MPrewitt wrote

Why can't there simply be a tab of recognized clients, with buttons or links next to each so they can be renamed (given friendly names), deleted, blocked, restricted, etc.?

And why wasn't this done from the start, years ago? Seems like such an obvious and important feature. Can't believe this doesn't exist. 

Seems so elementary ... ... and rather pathetic that it hasn't been addressed.

Options
2022-09-20 05:42:13

It's astonishing this is still an issue. Come on tp-link fix this FFS!

Options
2023-01-12 17:17:14

I agree... please add the ability to remove individual or even all currently registered devices, to allow them to be added back automatically as each connects again to the network.

Options
Related Articles