Archer C6 PPPOE problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 PPPOE problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Archer C6 PPPOE problem
2020-07-14 05:27:06
I had Archer AX1500 and having same issue of not connecting to PPPOE broadband. Cloning existing router MAC worked and Internet connectivity was established instantly. Thanks for putting this on post as it saved me some frustration. May be ISP is whitelisting MAC ID of device on which that broadband is registered first. It's just my guess for now.
Options
2020-08-03 15:05:59

Thanks, @Arjunprdp. This works for me to setup the router.

Options
2020-09-16 10:56:30
Hi All, I have the same problem with this C6. It doesn't accept PPOE connections
Options
2020-09-16 11:07:42
Issue with TP link archer C6 model for PPOE support. @TP-link Support I was using old wifi router TD-W8968 which was working perfectly on my cable connection which has PPOE broadband. I m not having any modem provided by ISP, ISP provider has a hub switch at my building used to provide internet to building residents and from that hub switch a cable comes directly to my window connecting to my Wifi router. This is my old setup and it works perfectly fine. Recently i bought TP C6 router and when i connect the ISP cable to C6 WAN port the isp led is orange only as the connection never came up.i setup the c6 with ppoe and entered my username and password provided by ISP but no luck. I even tried to clone MAC from old wifi router to this new C6 but still no luck. Not sure how other members were successful with MAC clone. Please note firmware for C6 is latest updated but my cable PPOE is not working on new C6 router. Please help as i am very disappointed with TP link C6 model
Options
2020-09-22 03:12:15

@Faddy 

Hello,

It seems your case is not the same as others, as you can they are using this Archer C6 to replace their old wireless router, while you are replacing the TD-W8968, which is a modem router.

Can you please confirm what kind of cable provided by your ISP? Is it an rj-11 telephone line or rj-45 ethernet cable? We can only connect an rj-45 ethernet cable into the C6 WAN port, an rj-11 will not work.

BTW, may I know who is your ISP? What if you connect your computer directly to that line, will you be able to dial up on the computer and get online? Here is the guide to dial up on a Windows 10:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

Thanks.

Options
2020-09-22 11:03:38
I don't understand you Kevin_Z, people are telling you that the ISP connection is fine, that they have tested it with the old router and it works. And you are consistent that they test it with the PC. Why? I have the same problem ISP Telekom Deutschland (Fiber modem with RJ45). I have an old FritzBox 7362SL and it works fine. And I have a new Archer C6 and it won't connect. It's over PPPoE username, password, but it won't connect. People are telling me the router must have VLAN Tagging support (7). Does the Archer C6 have it and where are the settings? Thanks
Options
Re:Archer C6 PPPOE problem-Solution
2020-09-23 05:41:38 - last edited 2020-12-01 08:34:02

@wbs1 

Dear All,

My C6 problem resolved. My ISP cable is RJ45 btw. Guys it's just the MAC ID that you need to copy from your old wifi router as suggested by Ganesh in earlier posts. I was doing the wrong way earlier. But here are below steps that you need to do for PPOE technology ISP.

Connect your ISP in your old wifi which was working fine. Login in your old wifi router and there you will find summary or status page where you will have so info about your lan, isp ip address, mac address etc

For Mac address you will find 2 Mac address one in LaN info Mac address and other in ISP info MAC address.

Please do not copy Lan MAC address. Copy the MAC address that you see in the internet status group and note it down.

Once done connect the new wifi C6 router with your ISP and perform quick setup the isp will still be down. Now go to advanced tab on c6 and click internet settings. There you will find use custom MAC address and insert the MAC address that you noted of old router.perform save and you will see the magic.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks all for your support as well.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-23 08:13:17

@Faddy But why is it an Archer problem or IPS? Or what's going on? What when I do not have my old router anymore? Thanks

Options
2020-09-26 20:05:16

@wbs1 

I think its the ISP, the isp registers your wifi router mac address first time with them and incase when you change with new router the isp doesnt come to know of your change causing your new router not working internet hence you need to enter old wifi mac address on new router.

Options
2020-10-12 12:21:23
Thanks a lot ! It worked for me.
Options