POWERLINE KIT TP- LINK - no Lights on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-14 06:48:00 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:45:10
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody.

Two days now i run the TP-LINK programm and i press the reset all devices button.

Since then my 2 TP - LINKS powerlines  TL-PA4010P and TL-PA2010P are off. No lights, Nothing.

I try to put them in another socket, the same , i try to put them in a socket in onother house, the same

any suggestions ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:POWERLINE KIT TP- LINK - no Lights on-Solution
2019-10-18 03:44:24 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:45:10

@vavouras31 

Thanks for your reply. 

You can order a new kit to boost the wifi signal.

And from your description, it seems that the adapter was damaged by the power cut and the firmware upgrading or so. 

And the middle led off means that they have not paired themselves, you need press the pair button to make them work. 

Anyway, cause the current adapter stops working, you can buy a pair as you mentioned. 

If need more help, just feel free to contact us.

Best regards. 

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:POWERLINE KIT TP- LINK - no Lights on
2019-10-14 07:45:23

@vavouras31 

With computer connected to the powerline adapter, please click here to get the IP and gateway. And please show us a screenshot of it. 

Then try to hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 10s.

And please verify whether the tpPLC utility can detect it with computer connected. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-14 11:22:33

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2019-10-14 11:23:29
hard reset is not working at all
Options
2019-10-14 11:30:32
Options
2019-10-15 02:36:08

@vavouras31 

Thanks for your reply.

From the pictures attached, with computer connected to the powerline adapter, you are able to access internet, the powerline adapters should be working fine while the led light may have something wrong.

You can connect your computer to the TL-PA4020P and then run the tpPLC utility and verify whether it can be detected.

And then please verify whether you have enabled LED control feature. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-15 04:29:42

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply...the pics you saw it was from WiFi network.... With ethernet cable is not working... I have to tell you that i am a computer teacher... I think the problem apears when i try to update the tp links with the official update.... 

Options
2019-10-16 03:23:06

@vavouras31 

I see, thanks for your explanation. 

If the wired connection does not work, and the powerline adapters cannot be detected with no LEDs on, the powerline adapters might be faulty. 

You can contact our tech support to verify whether the replacement is qualified. Below is the contact info:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-16 14:43:04

@Kevin_Z 

Tanks with helping me . I send them the details . But i thing i will buy a pair (only 35 euros) .

Something last i have another powerline TL-PA2010P and only the powerline LED is off - the other 2 lights are ok.

I forgot to tell you that all those problems start after a power off in the house... All powerline LEDs off . I try to reset my 2 devices with the tp link utility and update them.

After that all lights are off. So only one device left the TL-PA2010P with powerline LED off - the midle light.

Options
Re:POWERLINE KIT TP- LINK - no Lights on-Solution
2019-10-18 03:44:24 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:45:10

@vavouras31 

Thanks for your reply. 

You can order a new kit to boost the wifi signal.

And from your description, it seems that the adapter was damaged by the power cut and the firmware upgrading or so. 

And the middle led off means that they have not paired themselves, you need press the pair button to make them work. 

Anyway, cause the current adapter stops working, you can buy a pair as you mentioned. 

If need more help, just feel free to contact us.

Best regards. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 20871

Replies: 9

Related Articles