Archer C6 limiting the internet connection to 100mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 limiting the internet connection to 100mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Archer C6 limiting the internet connection to 100mbps
2020-07-20 17:42:08
I have the same issue where my connection is 250Mbps but getting only 95-100Mbps through the TP Link Archer C6
Options
2020-07-20 17:49:35
Same issue please support
Options
2020-07-20 19:23:54

I dicovered after buying other routers that there's one very important spec all manufacturers (not just TPLINK) leave out: routing speed. They advertise 1gbit/sec ethernet, and that is correct, for INTRA-NET LAN Ethernet. However unless you're having a LAN party, what matters is the WAN to LAN speed, in other words the routing speed. LAN to LAN is just switching, WAN to LAN is routing. Packets need to be processed when routing, and that requires that the router has fast network processing equipment on board. If it can't process fast enough, it will reduce the bandwidth to a level it can process.

Someone did mention that the WAN to LAN (wireless) is faster than the WAN to LAN (wired) on this router. If true, that's just weird. I've recently bought some Cat 6 Ethernet cabling, capable of 10 gigabits/sec speed, which tops 5Ghz WiFi by quite a bit. 

Options
2020-09-01 05:13:53
estou com o mesmo problema. como devo proceder
Options
2021-01-27 14:55:15

I also have the same problem here with my Archer C6 topped at about 95 Mbps, although my internet speed is 200 Mbps! 

Please support 

Options
2021-02-28 18:09:21
Just brought the c6.... Having the same issue... Any solution other then returning it?
Options
2021-03-01 17:49:59

Same here, archer c2600. It needs a restart daily in order to work properly, otherwise max 100mbps. I will try to install openwrt and see if it helps. But i will never buy a tplink router ever again. It was the most expensive one i've ever had and the worst one. Turning off lan randomly, disconnecting devices, etc. Firmware was crap, had to revert to a previous one and they took ages to release a new almost working one. Call center wasn't of much help.

Options
2021-03-02 03:06:37

@Elliot93 

Hi, apologies for responding late. Make sure you are tagging a TP-Link Admin if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

For the speed issue you are experiencing, please try the below suggestions and get back to the community with the details if it cannot be solved, thanks.

1. Log in to the web UI of the Archer C6 (or you have the other model) and go to the Basic-Network map page, click the Archer C6 image/icon and scroll down this page, you will see the Ethernet negotiation speed of the LAN ports, as well as the Internet port, show us the screenshot:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2472/

2. Go to Advanced-system tools-system parameters to edit the duplex, change it to 1000Mbps full-duplex if you have a gigabit line, then reboot the router.

3. After that, try to test the negotiation speed on your PC again. It is strongly suggested changing another cat5e or cat6 cable. 

4. It is also suggested changing another wired device with gigabit Ethernet ports to do a test. 

5. Check and confirm all the Ethernet/LAN ports on your ISP modem are gigabit ports, this is important, as we do receive customers' feedback that there are different LAN ports on their modems.

6. What is the length of the Ethernet cable between the C6 and your PC, what is that between the modem and the C6, in other words, what is the distance between them? Is it the same cable when you are testing the speed with your modem directly?

If none of the above works, please tell us the brand and model number of the gigabit Ethernet.

Options
2021-03-02 03:08:00

@tudro 

Please also verify the above info, then we can continue, thanks.

Options
2021-05-25 18:40:06

@Kevin_Z 

After doing Step 1, I see that the Negotiation Speed is limited to 100Mbps full duplex.

However, I don't have an option to do Step #2. This is what my screen looks like.  Is this because I am in "Access Mode"?

Thank you,

Mike

Options