Can't log into wifi extender wifi after network name change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-18 19:56:57
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Essentially, after i changed the wifi network name the extender has locked me out of the wifi it provides. Before i changed the name, it didn't have a password and now it suddenly has. I've attempted alot of different passwords, and double checked that i'm supplying the correct password. We just got this model now to try to fix this, but it seems to be a global problem as the last one did this aswell. Help greatly appreaciated!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't log into wifi extender wifi after network name change
2019-10-21 06:48:16

@quackers 

For your information, the default extender's wireless is open, no password needed.

While once you connect it to the main router;s wifi, it will use the same password as yours. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-16 16:49:09

@Kevin_Z well thats the thing. It just randomly after a restart got a password and using the password that the original router uses doesnt work. I have fixed it now by factory resetting it, but it's still strange.

Options
2019-11-18 02:23:29

@quackers 

Theoretically, it won't be secured unless you have connected it to a secured network. 

Cause you have reset it, you can reconfigure it with the host wifi password and then take some time to test its performance. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4175

Replies: 3