Deco M5 source signal selectable?

Re:Deco M5 source signal selectable?
2020-09-28 08:56:15 - last edited 2020-09-28 08:57:22

@TP-Link @TP-Link_Deco 

you keep saying since 2019 that you would solve the issue / engineers are working on this / just wait for updates...

we spent money in your products expecting a mesh system.

we got a good wifi extender paying the mesh system price.

we came to this forum asking for help and received only "wait, wait and wait again". We cannot even ask for a refund since most of us bought the system months ago already.

we now wait for an update to solve this issue. 

I think we are not asking for anything special - we just want a mesh system to work like a mesh system should work.

Options
2020-09-28 19:12:37
I have this same question actually........3rd Deco not connecting to nearest Deco and so suffering from compromised speed versus the other 2
Options
2020-09-28 19:15:29
I have the exact same issue as you.
Options
2020-09-28 19:37:59

@MackPhoenix62 

I wonder how many folks with the problem bought their Deco from Amazon and gave it an appropriately reduced rating with comments. If enough people did that, maybe Tp-link would take some action.

I gave it only three stars, both for the problem in the thread and the inadequate customer support in solving it.

There are many 4 and 5 star reviews. In a simple setup, it probably works fine for those users. Or the users have such fast internet connections that they don't even realize the wifi could be much better. Probably very few understand the issue here at all.

Options
2020-09-28 21:55:11

@RandySea2 
I got mine set up yesterday. I was initially impressed with the set up ease........and then I noticed what everyone else has noticed.
Emperor's new clothes.
The ludicrous situation I have is this......I stand next to the Deco in my office and run a speed test. However my laptop is actually connected to a downstairs Deco much further away.
So I force the laptop to use the Deco in the office that I am standing next to and repeat the speed test. I get a slower speed!
This effectively makes the 3rd Deco in my set up useless - it is adding NOTHING as I am getting a better signal from a Deco much further away.

This is not a true mesh system. TP-Link are on very dodgy ground claiming it is. 

I will be returning it as it has not significantly improved the WiFi in my house that I was getting from an Apple Time Capsule, extending with an Airport Express,

Options
Related Articles