Archer MR400 disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR400 disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
Re:Archer MR400 disconnect from internet
2020-02-05 07:19:09

@Sam.T 

As you can see the signal quality is not an issue. You can set 4G only without any problem.

I would suggest you following two steps:

- swap the sim card in your mobile phone to check how your mobile is working with the sim from MR400..

- if confirmed sim card is okay than restore factory settings and start again using default settings for plug & play of sim card. 

In a picture you posted above a traffic of 1.2 GB is recorded which means the modem was working. Perhaps a wrong setting was done, this is why you should try to restore factory settings, remove the sim and start again the device like a new one. To restore factory settings: Advanced - System Tools - Backup & Restore - Factory Restore.

Once you have confirmation that sim card is okay and after factory restore still same problem than is a HW issue either service repair or replacement of device.

Options
2020-02-08 13:14:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, any news on how to solve this issue? Still having the same problem...

Options
2020-02-21 11:45:32

@MaWi 

Hello, there is a new released which you can install and verify its performance; 

If it still does not work, we will get some logs to do further analysis and try to fix it. 

Our engineer will email you the download link and information we need, please check your inbox.

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-01 22:12:29 - last edited 2020-03-02 23:16:46

@Kevin_Z 

I am having the exact same problems with the exact same symtoms.  I constantly run Speedtests on my home network since I switched to a Three SIM for data instead of expensive fibre internet.

I have also fitted an external aerial to my house and get a very good signal from this now - download speeds increased by at least 20MBPS compared to the fibre connection.

So when it works, it is good.

But as of about a month ago, the internet drops out and I have to reboot the MR400 router every 2 to 3 days, but this is required now pretty much every day.  I have even set the MR400 to reboot every day at 06:00 in the settings.  

The internet drops out for what seems like a a minute or so and then reconnects.  The lights on the MR400 still show the wireless, Internet and power symbols. The signal; strenghts is mostly at 100%, but sometimes drops to 75% for a few minutes.

I have set the channel width to 20MHz and left the channel selection to Auto as recommended.

The debug tool link  no longer works by the way.

Very frustrating.

I will try another SIM - from my mobile phone (also Three) to see if it is the SIM perhaps

Edit: second SIM did not improve things.

My current MR400 device info:

Device Information

Firmware Version: 1.12.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190730 RC.59984n

Hardware Version: Archer MR400 v3 00000001

@Kevin_Z  Do you have a Beta version for the MR400 for us to test like you did with the MR6400 perhaps?

Options
2020-03-06 10:41:14

@Benadie911 

Okay, our engineer will email you. Please check your inbox. 

Options
Re:Archer MR400 disconnect from internet -Solution
2020-03-06 10:45:09 - last edited 2020-03-06 10:45:40

To those who may be concerned,

Hi all, if you have the disconnection issue with your LTE gateway, please help us to provide the information attached below. So that we can speed up the whole process and locate your issue quickly and try to figure it out. 

1. The model number of your LTE gateway router. And its hardware and firmware version. 

Note: Please ensure the firmware is up to date.

2. Please give us a brief introduction of the disconnection issue and the troubleshooting method you have done and the corresponding results. 

Note: Like the LED status, whether both wifi/wired connection do not work or just one of them,  how often it stops working, whether the sim card works well in cellphone directly, whether the router still has a valid IP address and gateway when it stops working.

3. You can test whether the sim card works well with your cellphone, or you can change another SIM card to check the stability; create the network profile manually/change wifi settings are worth giving it a go as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1663/

4. When your router stops working, you can take some screenshots, including the Basic-network map page, the advanced-status page, the advanced-network-internet page. They will help us to do further analysis.

Thanks for your support and cooperation in advance. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-03-10 08:10:12

@Kevin_Z 

The requested data is sent in an email to support.se@tp-link.com.

I also noted that the router is listening to a number ports which can not be disabled in the user interface:

Port 22 (TCP)

Dropbear sshd 2017.75 protocol 2.0

Port 23 (TCP)

BusyBox telnetd 1.14.0 or later

Port 53 (TCP)

domain

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 1900 (TCP)

Portable SDK for UPnP devices 1.6.19 Linux 2.6.36; UPnP 1.0

Port 7547 (TCP)

TP-LINK TR-069 remote access

I have blocked outside access to these ports in my firewall. Maybe this issue should be placed in a separate topic.... 

Options
2020-03-12 09:04:20

@Mypoint65 

Sure, our engineer will follow up then. 

Please get in touch with them. 

Options
2020-03-14 14:30:05

@MaWi 

Very same problem, engineer said it was faulty device but TP-link is refusing to replace a 3 month old router because i don't have recipe anymore. 

It woul seem i am not only one having this exact same issue and yet they don't have fix for it. I suspect its either fault hardware or fault software based on the fact they are trying make everyone support go private which means they are tying to hid something., 

Options
2020-03-19 10:15:48
Hi, Do you have a beta firmware for MR 400? I'm encountering the same issue in this thread. I have to always reboot to get internet connection even after having the most updated firmware as well as creating my own profile. Sim card works well on mobile so no issues there. I've also noticed that the connection drops more frequent when I reboot the router using the app as compared to doing a hard reset, which is turning the router off and on. Thank you.
Options
Related Articles