PA9020KIT wont enter power saving mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-23 17:44:27
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_902011_170703_903

The device wont enter power saving mode.

Thia is supposed to be signified by a flashing green power button (3secs)....after 5 mins of power down of connected device

My TP devices power buttons stay permanant green after connected device is switched off

Chris.... smiley

Options
3 Reply
Re:PA9020KIT wont enter power saving mode
2019-10-24 03:50:55

@chrismckay 

You can follow the instruction attached below to setup the power saving mode. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2018/

Note: You need do that with the tpPLC utility together. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-24 05:40:49

@chrismckay 

Turns out that one network adapter being connected to my router is permanently on because the router never switches off. The second network adapter is fitted to an amazon firestick via a crossover adapter which has its own power supply independant of my television so infact it is never powered off, so in both cases the network adapters cannot switch to power saving mode because it has a demand on it.

This was proven by switching off the firestick power at the wall socket, the network adapter resorted to power saving after 5 minutes

Chris...smiley

Options
2019-10-25 07:41:35

@chrismckay 

Thanks for your explanation; cause the appliance are running all the time, the powerline adapter cannot switch to power saving mode. 

You can turn off the firestick power to restore the power saving mode as workaround for now.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 728

Replies: 3