How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?
2020-09-02 23:39:20

@Maker This is something pretty basic which should have been added as a feature on the Deco units. 

Options
Returning Deco products
2020-09-18 02:33:18 - last edited 2020-09-18 02:34:41

I am about retuning my Mesh devices because of lack of this control. Should be easy to support to limit bandwidth of guest wifi. It is very common need. I do not want to go QoS and set up all complex rules. Very disappointing to tp-link product.

Options
Re:How to set the individual bandwidth limit of each device connected to the network with the Deco app?
2020-10-04 14:03:41

Yes, just purchased the Deco M9 Plus and packing now for return. The basic features are missing. It is really shameful. I paid so much for the router. The bandwidth control is there for a 15$ router. Very very disappointed!

Options
2020-11-16 14:10:36

@Kevin_Z 

Can please for the sake of god enable the good old bandwidth control for individual devices? it was good in old versions untill i upgraded to Archer C6, Which is A total let down because of stupid shitty QoS.... but the router is good and all.. but not just me many of the users want the old feature to limit the speed for others connected to the router both in normal or guest network...

if u don't then i have to change brands....

Options
Went back to an upgrade
2020-12-10 13:10:56
Hi, This feature is needed. Please ask your development team to strongly consider adding this option to a future update as there are several users that want this much-needed level of control. Thanks.
Options
2021-08-02 10:39:45

very disappointed to find out that deco mesh doesn't support bandwidth limitations .....
i though i bought a nice router for setting rules to manage my house. but sadly i find out too late that my mesh is not so sophisticated ....
Qos can't prevent the whole mesh from bad behavior of users....

Options
2021-08-03 08:18:16

@manos_ir 

Hi, Often routers will have bandwidth control or QOS, but not both.  This is because they are designed to facilitate the same action, network optimization.  Some time ago TP-Link switched the majority of our routers to QOS as research showed it was used more than bandwidth control as it was simpler and more intuitive to use.  Also currently, only a fraction of ISPs in the world still do bandwidth caps.  Most have opted to listen to their customers or simply throttle a connection that uses too much data.  Now, this feature has been requested again but in all likelihood but it would not be changed in a short time.

So if there is any issue with QoS or the internet speed, it is suggested to start a new thread and provide more details about the problem so that we could check whether there is another solution.

Options