Deco M4 slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
88 Reply
Re:Deco M4 slow speed
2020-08-31 10:30:12
Options
2020-09-07 10:14:49

@PraveenM Deco M4 is a cheap mesh wifi system. Its is by no means a costly wifi. It supports max 800mbps speed in 2*2 mimo over 80mhz channel. So in real world it can provide a max speed of 500 mbps on main node. On mesh node speed is half of the main node due to wireless signal being reused. My suggestion would be do some reaseach before buying electronics. If you need speeds above 300 Mbps wifi please consider ac2600 systems or above.

Options
2020-11-11 23:07:47

@nesbocaj this solved the same problem that I was having. I could not work out why Deco was throttling my internet to 120/60 until I realised it was set at that speed in QoS "Total Bandwidth" setting. Solved now!! Thanks

Options
2020-11-11 23:44:13

Nothing I did ever fixed this. Got rid and replaced with Asus ZenWifi AX and now get full speed 500MB+

Options
2020-12-08 15:49:28

@fGrisi I just bought AC1200 Deco M4, very easy to setup. but with my wired connection, I have 93 Mbps. and with the Deco connected 22 - 33 Mbps. I see many have this problem. I don't see any fix. So i will return the crappy product. 

I really like the selling point on the box

Fast. Stable. Everywhere

THXMAN

Options
2021-01-29 03:44:59
I have the same issue and this helps, thanks
Options
2021-02-02 14:40:26

Hi @JFil and everyone. I will share my findings because I read 3 pages of this forum and I couldn't get the solution.

I have a modem router with two decos m4 and a gigabit switch. When I first plugged everything I did connect everything to the router by cable and I was getting a top of 80mbs (I got 300mbs internet).

Reading the faq I found that decos works with main and slave, and the slave needs to sit always behind the main deco. When I checked in the app the slave deco was using WIFI and not the cable.

If you have a swich like me you need to connect the main deco to the modem router and second port to the switch. The slave deco port 1 needs to connect to the switch.

If you don't use a switch, the main deco needs to go to the router and the slave deco needs to connect the wire into the main deco port 2. Basically the slave always needs to be behind the main deco or it wont work.

After fixing that issue my decos were now using ethernet but my speed was still 80mbs. I found out that the main deco ethernet cable was not connecting as gigabit to my switcher, and because all internet route in the main deco, all decos were doing below 100mb. Swaping decos was the same thing because the issue was with the cable.

I did replace connectors on the cable and deco 1 connected to the network with gigabit and everything worked after that.

To test the speeds I used a laptop and connected them instead of the decos and that's how I find out that cable was not going 1gbps and was doing 100mb instead.

Good luck!

Options
2021-02-03 14:26:35 - last edited 2021-02-03 14:27:40

Chifli wrote

Hi @JFil and everyone. I will share my findings because I read 3 pages of this forum and I couldn't get the solution.

I have a modem router with two decos m4 and a gigabit switch. When I first plugged everything I did connect everything to the router by cable and I was getting a top of 80mbs (I got 300mbs internet).

Reading the faq I found that decos works with main and slave, and the slave needs to sit always behind the main deco. When I checked in the app the slave deco was using WIFI and not the cable.

If you have a swich like me you need to connect the main deco to the modem router and second port to the switch. The slave deco port 1 needs to connect to the switch.

If you don't use a switch, the main deco needs to go to the router and the slave deco needs to connect the wire into the main deco port 2. Basically the slave always needs to be behind the main deco or it wont work.

After fixing that issue my decos were now using ethernet but my speed was still 80mbs. I found out that the main deco ethernet cable was not connecting as gigabit to my switcher, and because all internet route in the main deco, all decos were doing below 100mb. Swaping decos was the same thing because the issue was with the cable.

I did replace connectors on the cable and deco 1 connected to the network with gigabit and everything worked after that.

To test the speeds I used a laptop and connected them instead of the decos and that's how I find out that cable was not going 1gbps and was doing 100mb instead.

Good luck!

@Chifli My set up: cable modem> Ethernet to Deco (as router)> wifi to two other Decos (one of which feeds into a gigabit switch which feeds a laptop/TV/Backup drive). If your modem-router wifi is not turned off that may be an issue. Use one deco as you main/router and use your modem/router as a modem only, and if you have Ethrenet service in to your modem/router you may get rid of it all together using only the Decos.

I have 200mb service and get 200mb at a wifi-ed Deco (the one with the switch)

Options
2021-02-24 06:41:05 - last edited 2021-02-24 06:54:10

@Deco4 @decosupport @decoteam 

I have the same issue where deco speed gone to 50% compare to router 5G speed. I have router 5G speed 250 mbps but deco 90 mbps. Earlier it wasn't the case. My connection

internet-->Router-->deco through cat6 cable-->deco 2 and 3 as access point

I spent huge investment and bought 3 deco M4 to get high speed coverage all accross. But deco has brought down to 50 % of router speed

Options
2021-02-24 13:39:51

Amit9215 wrote

@Deco4 @decosupport @decoteam 

I have the same issue where deco speed gone to 50% compare to router 5G speed. I have router 5G speed 250 mbps but deco 90 mbps. Earlier it wasn't the case. My connection

internet-->Router-->deco through cat6 cable-->deco 2 and 3 as access point

I spent huge investment and bought 3 deco M4 to get high speed coverage all accross. But deco has brought down to 50 % of router speed

@Amit9215 

>>>>>One Deco is the router<<<<<<

>>with a Fios like supplier internet>ont>Ethrenet>Deco

>>DSL cable internet>modem>Ethrenet>Deco (make sure your modem is not acting as a router, turn the wifi OFF on this device)

Options
Related Articles