MR200 and MR600 keep dropping LTE connection !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR200 and MR600 keep dropping LTE connection !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
73 Reply
Re:MR200 and MR600 keep dropping LTE connection !
2021-04-29 18:00:04 - last edited 2021-04-29 18:07:00

@TP-Link 

Ok, guys I have just switched to my old Huawei B535 modem/router. I have initially linked it with TP-Link Archer MR600 using Bridge Mode from Huawei, so MR600 is without sim-card and working as Ethernet router only and B535 is serving as LTE modem.

So the only change I have made is that TP-Link DOES NOT WORK AS MODEM anymore, entire network topology, all devices connected and the actual position (placement) of the replacement LTE modem - Huawei B535 - was left EXACTLY the same. This gives me really precise 1:1 testing scenario. 

and guess what?

1. Average speeds has increased at about 20-30%:

Download speed increased: from 30 to 40 MB/s

Upload speed increased: from 12-15 to 23-25 MB/s

2. Connection reliabiliy is without a doubt even non-comparable !!! - After 48 hour test I have:

TP-Link MR 600: 15-20 disconnects each 24 hours - sampling rate was set to 1 minute.

Huawei B535: 1-2 missed pings (not real disconnects, because connection was quickly recovered within a minute) each 24 hours.

3. Overal network usage has improved tremendously !!!

Summary:

Just drop this piece of ..... to the trash bin and buy yourself something better ! You have deserved that !

I also opt for cash refund for this nasty piece of hardware, let's just don't mention hunderds of hours spent on nervous searching for the problem cause, calling LTE provider, dropping conf-calls, resetting router and burning the fire everywhere.

The problem is here (name it: MR 600) without any doubt...

Yours,

Krystian Kostecki.

P.S. If anybody wants the proves for my research I am happy to show it, I have detailed logs and reports for the statements above.

Options
2021-04-29 23:39:41

@Kostek 

Great job, man!

I was unable the ask for refund since the time past. 

I will never buy TP-Link ever. At Ieast I've learned that.

Options
2021-09-05 19:46:25

Hi. I'm having the same issue since I switched to a new carrier.

My previous SIM cards did work smoothly, many days in a row, without any issue. 

previous carriers (France): Orange, SFR, Bouygues Telecom

new carrier: Free Mobile

the disconnection was happening every 12 hours. Guess what? I discovered today that Free Mobile re-assigns new IP addresses to all its subscribers if they're connected since 12 hours.

The core of the issue is that the firmware doesn't seem to realize that change, so it disconnects and tells to check the configuration.

So, question to TP-Link: could you please fix that firmware issue ?

or at least allow shorter time intervals for the scheduled reboots (ie. crontab style: "0 */12 * * *")?

Options