Deco P9 - WiFi Issues, Intermittent Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 - WiFi Issues, Intermittent Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
77 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - WiFi Issues, Intermittent Connection
2019-11-28 10:45:13

@Kevin_Z 

Thx for your support.

Browsing internet stops too. All network activities.

I'll try later to activate qos or change decos to ap mode instead of router mode, but id prefer not to do it because my isp does dns hijacking when using his router with bridge mode deactivated :S

Options
2019-12-05 22:16:32

@Kevin_Z 

After all test, still happening.

No matter if deco is in AP mode or Router mode, no matter if I give priority to streaming or priority to devices. The huawei Y6 and the Fire 7 hd keeps saying that the wifi doesnt have internet connection and stops until you switch wifi off and on.

If I turn off decos and use my ISP router alone, i dont have any of those problem :(

Suppose ill have to wait for newer firmwares

Options
2019-12-06 11:54:45

@Robincete disable the antivirus. it solved some connectivity issues for me.

Options
2019-12-06 17:31:32 - last edited 2019-12-06 17:32:05

@canito 

Hi.

My deco P9 doesn't have antivirus in AP mode( i dont remember if AV exists in router mode).

Besides, huawei and fire hd dont have AV either.

Thx for your tip.

Options
2020-02-19 21:17:00

I'm having the same issues as everyone else with intermittent loss of internet. Tried setting up my devices with high priority with manually assigned IPs, but internet is still lost. Wifi connection is maintained, but internet is lost. Only way to get it back is to turn WiFi off on my device and back on.

I have a secondary router set up as a hardwired access point broadcasting a second SSID and that network never loses internet. Nor do any hardwired devices. Only devices on the TP-link P9 WiFi.

I've also tried changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8/4.4.4.4 with no success in stability.

My next step is to change the Decos to access point mode instead of router mode, but I would LOVE to not have to reconfigure all my devices again.

Options
2020-02-23 10:43:56

I'm having exactly the same issue as described by @Dtrigleth. Any thoughts on how to resolve it would be much appreciated!

Options
2020-03-02 15:43:23

@JR4 Having the same issues, tried replacing deco's (have 4), changing switches, changing cables but the deco is the issue. Connection seems fine and all of a sudden all speed is gone or internet completely even. When i run a speed test on the main deco the speed is solid, was really happy with the Deco and was even thinking on upgrading but this issues is driving me crazy. 

Options
2020-03-10 06:23:29 - last edited 2020-03-10 06:24:13

I'm expecting the same issue as the rest of people in community, sometimes the wifi disconnects and in some time wifi recover connection by itself. I have tried chanin ethernet cables than connect it, using 1 node instead of 3 but still happens the same.

It should be a hardware fault or firmware fault. Devices connected to this network: xiaomi phone, xiaomi mitv, nintendo switch, nvdia shield, kindle tavle, huawei tablet and others and in all devices dicconnections happens at the same time.

I had read in another post with same problem that Tp-kink is developing a new firmware, but it should by a must or a priority it couldn't happen that a product that cost more than 200€ to me works as it is working now.

Please check it out and provide us any solution.

Options
2020-03-25 22:06:33

Hello,

I purchased the Deco P9 3 pack a couple of days ago. I have a Virgin 3.0 router and the Deco (Access Point mode) is connected to it via Lan cable.  I have the same issue as above where the WIFI is working well on all 3 units however the internet access is down until the Decos are rebooted. The LAN access to the internet is working fine on my wired systems so this is definitely a Deco issue. 

[Virgin Media] -X- [Hub 3.0 Router] --- [Lan Cable] --- [Deco P9 - Access Point mode] --- [Wifi]

Options
2020-03-29 06:38:27

I wish I had never bought this 3 pack of P9’s.

like others I have exactly the same issue and I have been unable to diagnose in over 5 months.  Just when I think it’s ok one of the family asks me, is there a problem with the internet again dad?   

Something is not right, and frankly it’s not my internet. I have a hidden network published from my router that is rock solid. Most devices are connected via P9’s running in AP mode and now and then one or two of them decide to no longer see the internet. One day it’s a laptop via WiFi, another day it’s my song tv, then it’s the now tv box in my daughters bedroom.

if you can take yours back folks, do it!  I plan to dispose of mine as soon as I am able.  

Options
Related Articles