Archer C60 Rebooting Randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C60 Rebooting Randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Archer C60 Rebooting Randomly
2020-02-13 06:57:47

@Prashanth 

Thanks for your information.

The original power adapter is included on the box package; and you can hard reset it by holding the reset button for 10s with the router powered on.

And was there any power outage or firmware upgrade before this issue happens?

You can contact the local tech support to get some help as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/contact-technical-support/

May it help.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-13 07:01:12

@insevin 

Hi, it seems that the symptoms are different; instead, it is more like a unstable connection of 5GHz.

When 5ghz goes off, what about the 5GHz wifi led? Try to login to the web UI to check its settings and show me a screenshot.

Besides, you can change the wireless channel, channel width to improve its performance.

And please ensure that the firmware is the latest one.

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-13 09:53:32

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, it seems that the symptoms are different; instead, it is more like a unstable connection of 5GHz.

When 5ghz goes off, what about the 5GHz wifi led? Try to login to the web UI to check its settings and show me a screenshot.

Besides, you can change the wireless channel, channel width to improve its performance.

And please ensure that the firmware is the latest one.

Good day.

The occurance is somewhat random, I can try to screenshot the issue if able to remain online on something else in 2.4GHz mode. The firmware is updated. I'll see if the channel can be updated to something else.

Options
2020-02-14 08:25:19

@insevin 

Definitely sure. Be free to take your time to test it.

Good day.

Options
2020-02-16 04:41:30

I'm extremely pissed off with this router.

I have switched back to my older Netgear router which works flawlessly.

Worst is that this Archer C60 router doesn't even have AP mode. Online forums says that I have to upgrade the firmware.

However the v2 hardware doesn't get the latest firmware which is meant for v3 hardware.

Substandard products by TP-Link and substandard customer support. Never again gonna buy anything from this company.

Options
2020-03-21 11:58:37

Hi

I have the very same problem for a week now, my archer c60 keeps rebooting every few minutes,

all the lights go off except the power light which starts blinking and the modem restarts

can you provide any fix for it?

Options
2020-03-26 06:28:19

Any update on this, me too facing the same issue. In Bangalore, using ACT broadband. That too with WFH due to COVID-19, connection is getting dropped in the middle of the meetings and it's emabrassing.

Options
2020-03-26 06:49:56

tp-link team, this needs some serious looking into.

Lots of folks seem to be having issues. Maybe the latest firmware is faulty. It is very random, but it happens very frequently.

I don't know how things are on your side with the current COVID situation - hope you are all faring well.
If you can help do something about this rebooting, it will be great.

At least please help arrange for the previous version of the firmware to download.
I can test downgrading firmware manually and we'll see what happens.

In fact I was thinking about using openwrt firmware if I don't see any support from tp-link.

For now, I've switched back to my older AC1200 Netgear router and it is working flawlessly.

Options
2020-04-08 09:07:15

HI All,

i am also facing issues from 3 months . Did anyone found solution?

i don't think its adapter issue.

please suggest if anyone found solution

regards

Siva

Options
2020-04-08 13:40:32

@SravanD It's not an adapter issue. It is a firmware issue.

I bought a new adapter and it didn't help - still kept re-starting.

Finally last week I installed Open Source OpenWRT firmware on the device.

It has been running flawlessly without any restarts.

Options
Related Articles