P9 firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

P9 firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
56 Reply
P9 firmware update
2020-03-14 05:38:36

This is so ridiculous that I put mine on sale.

Friends don't let friends buy TP-Link products.

Options
Re:P9 firmware update
2020-03-21 18:09:38

@Kevin_Z 

Any update on the Deco P9 firmware update?

Options
2020-03-31 14:47:43

hi there,

Due to corona i have to work from home and with this TP Link P9 it is a nightmare.

I have to disconnect and connect at least 3 times per day the slave station in the office area, (PC is connected by ethernet to slave).

i have a lot of problem by loosing internet conextion. It is affecting my work quality ...

The google home at the kitchen is more time asking for conection then playing music,

Sometimes (aprox 1 per week) when I move from one area to another of the house conextion will be losst and until i deactivate and activate Wifi at the iPad Air (2019) it does not reconnect.

I tried alreasy all shown hints, but no difference:

- using AP mode (as I have a combined Router/model for fibre connection)

- activate or deactivate fast rouming

- disconnect 3rd unit when not needed at 1st floor.

The app is that poor that no error protocol, nore registris can be seen, How you want to do bugfixing?

When a new SW will rise up which gave stability ?

Options
2020-04-09 11:06:14

@Dominik Not struggling quite as much as some others - but could really use some of the promised features in the next P9 update, including more detailed backhaul information. @Kevin_Z do you have an ETA of when this will be ready? Saw posts as early as last November (6 months ago) promising it 'soon' and posts from December saying it was 'in testing.'

Options
2020-04-09 18:47:21

@Nik_Bcn 

Hi,

I got 3 P9s for my son's house and had similar issues. 

I think the problem is that the powerline backhaul doesn't cross over from one 120VAC leg to the other in 240VAC service.  Two of my son's P9s were rock solid, the 3rd would drop off from connecting to the other 2 and need to be reset.  The 2 P9s that do work well are working through the powerline and I'll assume are on the same 120VAC leg.  The only real solution right now is to run CAT5E or better cable to connect P9s where the powerline backhaul is failing.  It would be great if the silly little iPhone app could actually show powerline status/speed/data throughput among about a dozen other features it ought to have.

Seeing how it is now 4/9/20, I have that sinking feeling we're screwed and they'll release a new model with good firmware rather than address the issues with P9 or release a firmware update since it's been a few months since anyone from TP-Link had anything to say about the problems with this product.  Kinda reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon; they put Wally in charge of the P9 firmware.

Options
2020-04-10 03:43:48

@Will_W 

I think the same.  They are not going to do anything.  They already make the sale. We just have to s...k it.   I am really disappointed of

Options
2020-04-10 11:37:00

I get the feeling that the P9 has already been abandoned.

Options
2020-04-13 09:17:28
The only good thing so far of the P9 for me is that it did fix my WiFi coverage issue of the house. But the support thing is absoutely unnaceptable. So lacking in features and not a single update is ridiculous. Can TP-Link at least do simple incremental updates? For now I would like just a web page, so that I don't have to go to the cloud to see the status, and see each P9 status and the ability to restart each one. After a restart of the DSL modem once, the network wasn't working and I had to restart the main Deco by pulling the power plug. There's no other option, because no Network no Deco app.
Options
2020-04-14 18:20:08

TP-Link,  где обновление P9 в конце концов!

Я добавил в мой M5 комплект P9 и потерял все преимущества апликации Deco.

Уже много месяце мы все ждем обновления и нам даже никто из TP-Link не соизволит что нибудь объяснить!

Вы так в скоре потеряете всех свойх потенциальных клиентов MESH систем!

Options
2020-04-14 20:42:24

Will_W wrote

@Nik_Bcn 

Seeing how it is now 4/9/20, I have that sinking feeling we're screwed and they'll release a new model with good firmware rather than address the issues with P9...

Only after realising that even ONEMESH doesn't work I found out my units are V1.2

The lack of functionality AND being unable to do anything without giving up my email adress really makes me start to dislike tplink.

I have an MR600 that I can control fully. With this fiasco I am treated like a kid.

The "app" does nothing of value a simple webpage couldn't do, only offer tplink data tied to an email address.

Options