Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
354 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1
2019-12-17 08:00:57

@Kevin_Z 

Ive been following this thread with interest as it seems my new nodes are V2 and now added to my V1 deco network they have less functionality than the V1.

Hoping that your firmware technicians are working to bring an update to the Deco M9 V2 to bring it up to date with the same features as V1 otherwise I will be returning the items.

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1
2019-12-17 08:50:18

@Kevin_Z can you give us a eta on when the fully functional firmware will be available? A web ui should be basic stuff,

Options
2019-12-17 14:21:08

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your response.

But now I really have ask what will happen when 1.3 or later is eventually released for all persons that are using 1.2.10?

Will it be so that

1. It will actually be added to automatic update through the app (the reason why we dont get 1.2.11 is basically not a technical limation that our units are uncapable of updating firmware in general, it is rather just because you dont think we need 1.2.11 and it is therefor not available - but further firmwares will be added this way)

2. Or It will not be automatically updated, but you will provide a tool/instructions so that we can manualy update?

3. Or you dont have a tool or the new firmware will not be possible to update, we are stuck at 1.2.10 forever

And I also agree on the other persons here. The old v1 got the new features more than 2 months ago, why shall it be a drawback to get a new hardware?

Options
2019-12-18 06:48:54

Hi

I have the same problem. M9 plus V2 with 1.2.10 not updating to 1.2.11. Hope it Will be solved soon.

Options
2019-12-19 12:35:01

On top of the old firmware I noticed that I don't receive notifications of new devices in my mixed deco m5 and M9 plus v2 mesh network although the setting for notifications is on. 

I find this very annoying as the deco doesn't have whitelisting. Now I have to regularly check myself for unauthorized access.

Options
2019-12-21 23:04:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

when can we expect the same features of V1 1.3.0 to be available on V2?

Thanks

Options
2019-12-25 12:48:33

Hello,

I have a set of V1.x M9 Plus devices running since a couple of months with the 1.3 firmware. Recently, I ordered a couple more devices to extend my network, but now I received V2 devices (with the older firmware mentioned in this thread). They do NOT interoperate properly! I had to remove the V2 devices to get my network reliable again so all devices can be found and accessed consistently.

Can you give us an ETA yet? If not, I rather return my V2 devices (I suspect too many issues to get the "identical" hardware under control). I hope I can still find V1.x devices then, otherwise I'll need to return the whole lot (I need a network running).

Thanks

Gert

Options
2019-12-25 13:11:41

I've put a review on Amazon relating to the lack of V2 functionality, firsy to warn others of the problem and not mix and match V1 and V2 modules until firmware is updated and secondly, to try and reach out to TP link to show disatisfation with the situation.

I wonder if TP Link will ever get round to updating the V2 at all and why haven't they done so already after a few months. Could there be some hardware compatibility issue that will prevent them from ever doing so - who knows? 

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options
2020-01-13 20:31:10

@Kevin_Z 

Seriously, this is about to be totally crazy

It feels like I bought a product with discontinued support before I even bought it.

Looks like the v2 hardware contains some kind of updated chipset/hardware that is lacking something compared to v1 and you can not manage to add the same function to the software. I can not see any other reason why this is delayed so much.

What if a secuirty thing is found in the firmware that makes DECO target to be added in a botnet? Will you take 6 months to update firmware in that case also?

The forum is full of threads wondering about when this shall come out.

M9+ is really your most premium mesh system with the most latest v2 hardware version - and it has least functionality in firmware.

It is really time to get some feedback for the release now. Not just testing ongoing.

Options
2020-01-14 22:16:47

@e3henri 

i bought the m9 yesterday, 3 units and with V2.

I can also confirm that I cant update the firmware to 1.2.1.1

Options
Related Articles