Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet
2020-06-26 18:29:01

@MBahary Same for me, after a restart they work well, but from time to time the connections drops. I have the firmware version: 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel 52023

Anyone at TP Links would give us a solution?

Options
Re:Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet
2020-07-16 08:23:18
I've have the same setup as you and have just installed the P9 trio and today had the same issue as you. Have you had any resolution to your issues?
Options
2020-07-16 08:23:38
I've have the same setup as you and have just installed the P9 trio and today had the same issue as you Have you had any resolution to your issues?
Options
2020-07-16 08:23:58
I've have the same setup as you and have just installed the P9 trio and today had the same issue as you Have you had any resolution to your issues?
Options
2020-07-16 08:24:25
Options
2020-07-16 08:24:26
Options
2020-07-21 15:16:46
Same issue here. I've had the P9's since March, and they have always suffered occasional drop outs. But as of late last week they have dropped multiple times a day. I updated the firmware this morning, and this afternoon they cannot even maintain a connection to my Virgin Hub 3.0 for 5 minutes. They're currently disconnected and I've gone back to the wifi on the Virgin hub.
Options
2020-07-22 10:37:17 - last edited 2020-07-22 10:38:44

Just to say that I have the same problem.  I have six units, the latest firmware, and all but the main one (which is in Router mode) drop in and out intermittently, usually in groups of two or three. Re-booting helps for a minute or two, and then it all starts again.  Completely unreliable. I bought them in January, and they may yet end up in the rubbish bin.....

Options
2020-07-22 11:31:21
I was told to put the main unit in Access Point mode by TP. HAve you tried that? I'm hub to P9 to TP switch and into house ethernet ports with 2 other P9s working off powerline I would guess.
Options
2020-08-05 07:15:39

@PhilGates @victorpintot8  @blondie85  @Dave-N  @Jimwalton  @BozMoz  @MBahary 

Hello, apologies for the super late reply.

We hope you could help confirm some basic info so that we can speed up the whole process and offer a solution:

1. Refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:

Unstable connection with Deco

2. How many Deco P9 in your network? What is the detailed network diagram and how Deco P9s connected, is the main P9 a Router or an Access Point? What is the LED status on each Deco P9 when the network disconnects?

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? 

Thanks for your cooperation and look forward to your reply.

Options