Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet
2022-01-05 22:03:35

@PRP 

Hi,

Did you ever manage to resolve this?

Been looking around and finally found someone with the same circumstances as us - satellite on the top floor loses signal regularly despite only being a few metres away from an intermediate Deco with no walls or anything inbetween

Thanks

Options
Re:Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet
2022-01-05 23:54:36
I had this model literally in a cupboard for 18 months because it wouldn't work - I decided to update the firmware and ever since it's been working like a champ - have you update your firmware recently?
Options
2022-01-06 12:12:17

@rambo14 Hi

Yes I did an update and all has been fine ever since

Options
2022-02-09 12:49:16

Same issue for me. I've tried different firmwares. Router mode. Access Point mode. Swapped units around. Had three units up and running, tried reducing to two. Moved them about. Connection can be OK for days, and then it goes spotty. Rebooting sometimes helps, but it's really random. Have checked to see if it's the (Virgin) router, but anything plugged in directly works fine.

Last firmware update for my "version 1" of the P9s is dated December 2020. It's just dodgy. I've pretty much given up on an update, and looking to replace with a non TP-Link product down the line.

Options