Wireless printing with new Deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless printing with new Deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Wireless printing with new Deco network
2021-01-06 18:46:49

@JoeHarley13 

No answer has come and I've tried pretty much everything they've asked to be done. It appears to me that there is some port or process that isn't being passed through - likely related to Bonjour. 

For example - my HP printer responds to, connects and prints using the HP Smart iphone app. Which I presume doesn't use bonjour. If I try to use the "built in" iOS printing - it does not see the printer at all. 

This sure seems like something that TP-Link would want to prioritize. 

Options
2021-01-06 19:06:36

@TP1964 Only way I have been able to get it to work is to hard wire the printer into the Deco ethernet port.  I'm fortunate that my printer has a wired ethernet port connection.  Now I am able to print wirelessly with both my computer and iPhone.  Now I have to use my computer wirelessly, where before I had it wired in, else I need to buy a switch.

I don't like having to use a wired connection, it is a wireless printer!

Options
2021-01-06 19:14:37

@JoeHarley13 

That's interesting - I will give that a try - but have always been told (at least for HP) that hooking them up wired disables the wireless functionality. 

thanks - I'll report back. But you're right - we shouldn't have to jump through hoops

like this. 

Options
Re:Wireless printing with new Deco network-Solution
2021-01-07 16:32:31 - last edited 2021-01-08 02:14:18

@JoeHarley13 Joe -- I was able to get my iphones/ipads working via the iOS printing, I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same issue, but I'll share my solution here in case it helps you and/or others.

I have an HP OfficeJet - and apparently HP turns off Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) by default. I went in through the printers web interface - in the case of this HP, it was in the NETWORKING tab, ADVANCED, Internet Printing Protocol. I ticked the Enable IPP box and voila - the printer shows up in the AirPrint dialog and prints as expected.

Hope this helps.

--Ted

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wireless printing with new Deco network-Solution
2021-01-07 19:04:12 - last edited 2021-01-08 02:14:20

@TP1964 Thanks for your feedback.  I think I found my problem.  With my previous Night hawk router, I had assigned my printer a static ip address.

When I went thru the setup wizard on the printer, it found my new deco wireless network, prompted me for the password, and then would say success, connected.

But in reality, it wasn't fully on the network.  Windows could see it, but couldn't complete installing it as a device.  It would fail everytime, and iOS devices couldnt see it at all.

Once i discovered the printer was still set for a static IP address, I changed it over to the dynamic, and now DECO announces a new device has been added to the network.

So, apparantely, the Deco system doesn't allow for static IP assignments, or I don't know how to configure in Deco since it seems you only have an app with limited capabilities.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-01-07 19:22:01

@JoeHarley13 Hey Joe - I have mine set to a static address. They don't make it easy, but you can assign it in the app by hard coding it on the printer (make sure Deco hasn't assigned it to anything else of course) - bring the printer online, then use the address reservation ( on the X60 it's in More -- Advanced -- Address Reservation in the app) - hit the plus sign and select the device. The device will always have that address going forward.

Options
2021-01-27 00:20:35

@Gouge I have the M5 wifi boosters around the house and a canon TS3100 printer, it wont connect to my mobile it has a static address. Any other idea's how to put it in the network without a router? 

Options
2021-01-27 08:20:51

@Missy53 

Hi, is your canon TS3100 printer connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable to the Deco M5

As for your mobile phone, were you not able to find the printer on the controlled APP or something else?

Thanks!

Options
2021-01-27 09:59:25 - last edited 2021-01-27 10:00:16

@TP-Link Thanks for answering my query, I have now connected my computer with a direct connection, there is no Ethernet socket on the TS3100 serie  that would have made it easy if there was. It wont let me connect my mobile phone or my ipad with a direct connection, so I am contacting the help desk today as it is a brand new printer, maybe they have a solution, I shall put their suggestions here well if they have any that is. Have a peaceful and safe day. 

Options
2021-02-24 18:58:04 - last edited 2021-03-25 13:55:42

@TP-Link Hi, can anyone help with the following;

I have a new Deco X60 network and am trying to send documents to my Lexmark MC3326adwe printer.

When it's connected to a Deco using a LAN cable there is no issue. When it's connected to a Deco wireless the issue occurs, then my Dell laptop is not able to find the printer.
It does however accept prints from my iPhone.

Further the WiFi settings of the printer do seem to be set properly, it shows the network name of the Deco and confirms its connection.

Thank you guys.

UPDATE: I've now tried these instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEqvUKxWmq4 
The printer is online at the moment, fingers crossed this is (and stays) the solution.

Options
Related Articles