Deco parental controls apply time restriction to wrong device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco parental controls apply time restriction to wrong device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Deco parental controls apply time restriction to wrong device
2020-12-11 02:33:15

@Simatic 

im having the same issue. I have a time set for "bed time" but it cuts off almost 2 hours before the bed time. How do I fix this? The bed time time clearly shows 2300 but it cuts off at 2100. 

Options
2021-06-28 14:33:06

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin

I've come across this same problem with the Deco S4.   It would appear that the very first 'Owner' of a device is somehow maintained.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Add a new device.   Assign this device to an owner that has (for example) Child permissions.

2) Test this... and it works.  Social media (facebook.com) is blocked.

3) Change the device so that it is now owned by an owners that has (for example) Adult permissions.  Check that it is correctly displayed on the app looking both from the Owners perspective (in the device list) and from the device (looking at the owner).  Both are correct.

4) Test this and it continues to block Social media despite the new owner being an adult and the device showing that it belongs to the Adult profile.

The SAME happens with the Bed-Time.

I've changed the owners of devices several times to see if I can rectify this and have not found a way to correct it.  The owner is correctly updated but the permission link remains with the FIRST owner assigned to the device.

I've also tried rebooting the mesh - and this changes nothing.  I've also taken the whole mesh offline (unplugged) and on restart, the issue remains.

I have not yet reset the entire setup as I'd have to reconfig 40+ devices :(

Any thoughts/help would be much appreciated.   I'm also open to any debugging if you want to take a look.

Thanks

Options
2021-07-07 11:42:59

@KevinSD 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

So basically what you were trying to say that the device that used to be controlled under the child profile, now has been moved to adult profile, but the device is still under the control of the child profile?

Were you able to reproduce the same issue on most of your devices?

And please check whether clearing the browser history to access the related websites in incognito mode to check again after changing the profile;

Options