How to use printserver from Android phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-24 13:17:05 - last edited 2022-01-04 06:55:15
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Is there an app to print on a printer connected to the printserver in an Archer C 7.

I know about the controller program for PC.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to use printserver from Android phone-Solution
2019-12-25 03:09:25 - last edited 2022-01-04 06:55:15

@PeerB 

The print servers, the application scenarios and platforms, are based on traditional desktop operating systems (windows, MAC, Linux and so on). The compatibilities about these systems are very clear on our website.

Therefore we do not suggest to use our print servers with mobile devices, cause we cannot guarantee they will work properly with mobile devices.

However, if you have such requiremen, there are two APPs you can download to give it a try. They are ePrint and PrintHand.

Please notice that they are paid APPs. ePirnt is applied to Android and IOS systems and the printing protocols are LPR and RAW.

PrintHand is applied to Android, IOS and windows Phone and the printing protocol is LRP.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to use printserver from Android phone-Solution
2019-12-25 03:09:25 - last edited 2022-01-04 06:55:15

@PeerB 

The print servers, the application scenarios and platforms, are based on traditional desktop operating systems (windows, MAC, Linux and so on). The compatibilities about these systems are very clear on our website.

Therefore we do not suggest to use our print servers with mobile devices, cause we cannot guarantee they will work properly with mobile devices.

However, if you have such requiremen, there are two APPs you can download to give it a try. They are ePrint and PrintHand.

Please notice that they are paid APPs. ePirnt is applied to Android and IOS systems and the printing protocols are LPR and RAW.

PrintHand is applied to Android, IOS and windows Phone and the printing protocol is LRP.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to use printserver from Android phone
2019-12-25 10:49:32

@Kevin_Z 

The reason I use the printserver is that the TP-Link router does not work together with my HP WI-FI printer. It cant connect via WPS.

So I saw the printserver as a workaround to this problem.

I am very disapointed that my new TP-Link Archer C7 is outdated. My old wifi router works fine with my commonly used HP printer.

Printing from mobile has been normal  for several years with my old wifi router, so it is disapointing that TP-Link is selling products that dont support this. 

I will have to return my TP-Link Archer C7

And I recommend TP-Link to call this product back.

I cannot recommend the use of TP-Link

Options
Re:How to use printserver from Android phone
2022-01-02 17:31:57

@PeerB 

I am having the same problem. I wonder why there was no reply to your problem. If you have found a fix other than returning the router, please let me know. Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3989

Replies: 3