FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE!!
2020-04-04 09:57:28

@realjax I agree 100%. I wanted a solid access point solution. It is unstable and became worthless. After nomerous resets, I cant even set it up anymore. Very dissapointed. I will send it beck to the vendor.

Options
2020-04-11 12:16:52 - last edited 2020-04-11 12:18:32

I have a LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH MY DECO 5

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/157421?page=1

This link is the problem topic... TP-LINK doesn't give a f.ck ... Tried many things to let work my Wireless system.

Ask many times support but only i get is a silence .... For me never TP-Link again after i eat this Deco 5 Router.... 

@Kevin_Z What will TP-LINK do about this???

Options
2020-04-24 06:56:09

@realjax I agree -  have just purchased Deco M9 Plus and am very disappointed. The app has basic functionality and no way to view connection speeds with individual units. The whole point of the system is to be able to place them around the house for optimal connection speed. I had better functionality from my basic Devolo powerline adapters. Am considering returning to them. Tp-link support say I have to wait for a firmware update but have no idea when that will be. Why should I have to wait for a firmware update for features that should be there already. This is not a cheap solution - it's unacceptable.

Options
2020-04-24 07:31:10

@Sara454 the same M9 Plus that Kevin is insisting people to buy because is more mature. haha Laughable.

Options
2020-04-24 07:35:23
Hi All, PLEASE DO NOT BUY T-LINK ROUTERS!!!!! 0 SUPPORT WHEN YOU HAVE ISSUES... They all say: its problem of the device you want use on OUR ROUTER.... I Bought a ASUS GT-RX11000 Router (450 euro) and within 20min up and running... 4 days WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM!!!! EVEN ALL MY ESP EASY Devices are running VPN Client, so add my VPN Provider into it and select some devices to use this VPN tunnel.. WROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!! SO NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY TP-LINK...... CHEERS
Options
2020-04-24 13:03:52

@Kevin_Z 

When I bought a set of Deco P9s a week ago I thought that I was not just buying a product but also buying in to World class product support.  After all tp-link does enjoy a good reputation for most of its offerings.

I have configured my P9s successfully in so far as the pawltry router capabilities allow.

Reading message boards such as this subsequent to my purchase I discover that I am experiencing the same frustration as many of your other customers.  This frustration is happening at 2 levels.  Firstly the lamentably poor functionality of the router and secondly the glacial response to customers with genuine firmware concerns.  We have shown trust in tp-link by investing in your products and we deserve better.

@Kevin_Z please, please do not insult me as I feel that you have insulted others by making a fob-off response and then claiming that you have solved the problem, given a best answer or whatever.

You need to get a grip now and get the new firmware out.  I need a more capable dhcp server (or failing that the ability to turn it off) and I need better QoS settings so that I can specify servers for my VOIP.

If the past is a guide to the future then I am afraid that I have low expectations of you and tp-link.

Options
2020-04-25 11:32:02 - last edited 2020-04-25 11:33:00

@realjax 

I recently bought a 3 pack tp-link deco p9. I can only concur with the posts here.

The options are really reduced. 

Here is a short comparison with Huawei q2 pro mesh (with powerline backhaul)

+ Parental controls

+ Better gaming on 5 GHz band (the reason for giving up on Huawei - online gaming was not possible on wlan)

-

• No web interface

• No router controls (not even the possibility to adjust the frequency band width for 2.4 GHz)

• No visibility of the powerline connection quality 

• No visibility of which clients are connected to which satellite 

• No option to prefer 5 GHz when signal strength is comparable for 2.4 and 5 GHz bands

• Not even an option to reset

• No option to automatically eliminate interferences (channel switch)

For me here the deal breaker is that I can not operate my Magic Home device (turn on/off the lights), as the device is unreachable after a few minutes in the network. 

Options
2020-04-26 21:51:43

@realjax 

I'm sorry to hear of people having problems, but just to balance the experiences slightly ...

I've had wifi problems for years and largely ignored mesh wifi until now.  However I've just bought a Deco M5 3 set and it has totally sorted the problems I've been having out.  I've tried extenders and powerline before so I wasn't really expecting mesh to work much better, but it really has done.  Based on initial experience, fast reliable wifi all over the house now.   I use it in router mode, so I know that access point mode is more limited, but luckily in my case that's not a big problem.

It's not perfect, in particular I'd like more configuration control, the ability to turn off the DHCP server, more features in the webUI rather than the mobile app, the ability to have different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, ... but overall for fast reliable wifi it seems to work well.

So I'm sorry that people are having problems, but just to balance the thread, not everyone is having problems.  To those that are, I sincerely hope that TP Link work out solutions for you soon.

Eoin.

Options
2020-04-27 07:35:34

@EoinW 

You totally missed the point. Of course WiFi works. If it wouldnt, tp link would have been out of busines by now. 

But as a customer you can reasonably expect more, I mean even you admit there are problems and shortcomings. 

Listening to the customer and actually DOING something about their complaints would be a start. Instead we get shite all. Zilch. Nothing. A big thankyouandnowfckoff is basically what TP link tells you after buying. And this is what future customers need to be aware off. 

Options
2020-04-27 08:25:22

@EoinW 

Do you also go to hospital wards and declare you don't have the illnesses that the patients do????

Great, it is working for you, even though you do point out the huge shortcomings of the product.

But NOT great for the people who are experiencing real issues with the junk they have been sold at a high price.

Options