Bridge Only Mode (Client Only) on TL WA860RE?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-06 10:55:09 - last edited 2020-01-08 00:24:18
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi all,

Before I bought this device I watched a few walkthroughs of the config screens to check that the "extender" feature could be disabled as I just want a simple bridge for ethernet (i.e. wifi client).

Now I have the device, the screens are a little different. The best I can do in the web ui seems to be to set a different SSID for the extender and disable SSID broadcast. I might also be able to add a very limited mac whitelist. 

In "tether" however, there does seem to be a way to disable the wireless repeater ... but tether itself stops me from using that and directs me to use the web UI for that. 

Just wondering if I missed something, I don't want the range extender component .. just an ethernet bridge.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bridge Only Mode (Client Only) on TL WA860RE?
2020-01-10 07:12:04

@arthurdent 

Hello, do you mean that you want to connect the TL-WA860RE to the main router by wireless and the clients can connect to the extender by wired cable to access internet, at the same time, the wifi function of the extender is disabled? Like main router )))(((TL-WA860RE---PC? )))((( represents wifi, --- means ethernet cable. 

If so, I'm afraid that this extender cannot satisfy your needs; it supports range extender mode and access point mode (depends on its hardware version); 

If you want to use the client mode, there may have another device which can satisfy your needs. The TL-WR902AC or the TL-WA901ND. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2880

Replies: 1

Related Articles