[Feature Request] Camera Control Due To Location - Away From Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-11 23:08:11

Recently bought a new Kasa Camera, as I really like the TP-Link brand and already have many Smart Sockets and Mesh Wifi from Kasa also.

One major addition I would love to see, and it's such an obvious feature to have availiable I'm puzzled why it's not already included.

Is the ability to set a Kasa security camera to turn on/off based upon your location.

By this I mean "Away from home"

Many people would like their camera's to turn on when they leave home, to go to work, or go shopping, or go visit friends.

And when they come back home, the camera turns off.

Is there any chance such a feature may be considered for inclusion in the future?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Feature Request] Camera Control Due To Location - Away From Home
2020-02-12 09:41:39
I am afraid the App cannot turn on/off the camera, because once the camera is turned off, it will lose contact with cloud, then when you want to turn it back on via the App, there will be no response any more unless you turn it back on manually. Thanks a lot for your understanding and have a nice day!
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 651

Replies: 1