Votes

Feature Request: Update Firmware to Support IKEv2 and WireGuard for VPN server.

Votes

Feature Request: Update Firmware to Support IKEv2 and WireGuard for VPN server.

47 Reply
Re:Feature Request: Update Firmware to Support IKEv2 and WireGuard for VPN server.
2022-05-19 16:45:57
Any update on this? My TP Link ER7206 does not support IKEV2 as required by ANDROID 12.
Options
Re:Feature Request: Update Firmware to Support IKEv2 and WireGuard for VPN server.
2022-08-03 13:23:53

I also hope for support for Wireguard/Lynx (NordVPN)! Any news??

Options
2022-08-05 10:38:42

No there still has not been any news of this as of Aug. of 2022 and as you can tell by other comments here also that TP-Link is even losing customers of their products because of this!! It's a shame honestly because so many other companies out there have offered it as a standard and we can't even get it added in!! Too many cyber terrorists out there to just leave ones information vulnerable like that and it's getting worse by the day.... by the minute really!! 😐

Options
2022-08-08 20:39:21

The missing wireguard support has become a show stopper by now. I have lot's of Omada components and was considering to buy a compatiple router. But I'm sorry to say: It's going to be a competitiors model because of this.

Options
RE:Feature Request: Update Firmware to Support IKEv2 and WireGuard for VPN server.
2022-11-03 09:53:03 - last edited 2022-11-03 09:54:03

Wireguard is a faster option for OpenVPN, especially for router with 1.5Ghz CPU! The best OVPN can do on a 1.5ghz cpu router (AX90) is 45mbps! Not just for VPN server, but please implement this as VPN client as well.

Options
RE:Feature Request: Update Firmware to Support IKEv2 and WireGuard for VPN server.
2022-11-03 11:13:06
This would most definitely increase speeds that are drastically cut passing through the vpn!! This has been proven, with many other companies that have already added this feature, to reach up to 1G speeds!! Also, not already having this feature while many others have already implemented this within their products has deterred many new TP-Link customers as well as the loss of already and long time ones switching to other brands that have this included!! I am still a firm believer in TP-Links products and believe they will address this and fully commit to adding this into as many of their products that they possibly can to rectify this!!! Thank you so much for the opportunity to vote on this, I would love to be able to continue to be a die hard and long time TP-Link fan and customer!!! 😁
Options
2022-12-07 11:54:51 - last edited 2022-12-07 11:57:03

Wireguard support can't come fast enough. Would really like to see this added to TP-link routers/modem-routers. As client and server!!

Options
2022-12-11 17:42:13
Any updates for Wireguard VPN support?
Options
2023-01-02 23:11:46

Hello @Kevin_Z,

I've just purchased and obtained my TP-Link ER605 v.2.0 VPN router. After updating the Firmware to version 2.0.1, I see that WireGuard VPN protocol is not available. I would highly appreciate to see it in the next Firmware update, if possible. Thank you.

Best regards,

Rene

Options
2023-01-03 03:53:19

ReneKub wrote

Hello @Kevin_Z,

I've just purchased and obtained my TP-Link ER605 v.2.0 VPN router. After updating the Firmware to version 2.0.1, I see that WireGuard VPN protocol is not available. I would highly appreciate to see it in the next Firmware update, if possible. Thank you.

Best regards,

Rene

@ReneKub Thank you very much for joining the discussion. While the model ER605 is a business router, you may submit and add your voice to the Feature Request Board for it, then the moderator could see it and bring it forward to the product team.

You can also vote on the below thread:

Feature Request - Wireguard

Options

Voters 31

+ 27 Voters

Tags