Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-09-14 09:03:33
Kevin, Unfortunately no one cares from TPlink to release a new firmware. Latest official is a year ago with so many problems... they just quit trying to support a problematic router. I'm still with the beta firmware from October 2020 and a useless router. Too bad.. that was the last time i bough something from TP-Link.
Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-09-14 13:35:53

@SubhX 

I'm also using the C6 with the beta firmware. Why do you say it's useless? Mostly I have no issue with it. Sometimes an older Windows laptop couldn't find the 2,4GHz wifi network. And rarely there is a misterious yellow led (no internet) showing up on the router, while actually there is internet connection on most connected devices. I couldn't figure out if it was the C6 or the main load balance router (providing the internet) with session limit that may cause it.

What issues do you experience?

Options
2021-09-14 14:14:01

@Keneth_C 

Hi,

when you get this frustrating error,  can ping an IP , something like 8.8.8.8 ( google DNS) anyway ?

If you can do this, there is something wrong with your DHCP or DNS server.

Just to be sure. Also you can try to change your DHCP lease time.,to see if that changes something.

Best regards.

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
2021-09-15 10:21:33

@Arion Well its been a long time . 

The only way to make it work is to change it on AP mode (so loosing every good feature) and had the channel at channel 4 for 2.4G network. otherwise 3-5 times per day, i had to disable and enable the 2.4Ghz... 

so for me is useless since i cannot use mesh, QoS, etc .... Its working now only in this config.. 

I have around 30 devices, (pc, laptop's, mobiles, smart devices, etc) ... i had the same issue over and over again on 2.4 wifi (on 5G works fine but not all devices support it). 

With the same devices, same config, my ISP router wifi works great. 

Options
2021-09-15 13:46:41

@cakrit 

Just for Info, i have seen this error and the bugs with 2.4 GHZ.

I use mine in Router mode and OneMesh with RE300 but its not my main router.

In this config the C6 works without problems and this with the normal non beta firmware.

So i think these hiccups have to do with different hardware... .

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
2021-10-15 21:52:37

I had the same problem, twice a day one or two devices lost internet access but remain connected. First I try turning off smart connection on wireless settings but the problem remained. I tried every possible fix and now I know the problem.

The c6 router add the devices to the DoS blocked devices (I don't know why) and is located on security -> firewall, so I try disabling DoS protection and the problem is gone. 

I hope to be helpful. 

Options
2021-10-27 01:59:32

@Kevin_Z Hello, I am currently using later firmware 1.0.10 Build 20210513 but still having the issue of "WiFi connected but no internet". This is mostly happening for the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Please advise to resolve the problem. 

Options
2021-10-27 07:56:37

@mosharaflink 

Is there a range extender connecting to the Archer C6 via Onemesh? If no, try to disable the Onemesh feature on the C6, then reconnect to the 2.4G network to monitor the connectivity again.

Options
2021-10-27 10:55:11

@Kevin_Z Hello, which exactly beta firmware should be used with disabled onemesh?

This one: ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1[20201030-rel60104].zip

Or this one: ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1[20201208-rel52296].zip   <   seems latest

Maybe there is something more fresh after almost 1 year? Thanks.

Options
2021-10-27 14:11:14

@Kevin_Z will we ever get a firmware update with the solution to this problem? Its been more than 2 years, people are complaining on this thread.

I have contacted tp link support many times now and they keep changing the settings and ask me to monitor the behaviour.

Very frequently the internet keeps disconnecting (specially on 2.4GHz band). Its frustrating.

Please provide a fix.

Options