Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-12-24 12:56:55

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, it looks like I have the same problem 5 GHz works fine, 2.4 GHz randomly loses internet. I'm staying connected to the router but internet doesn't work.

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-12-24 13:01:07 - last edited 2020-12-24 13:02:18

@drago20013 Best tag Kevin_Z , he sent me a link to a Beta Firmware install, Its been rock solid on 2.4Ghz for the past week. (It was a disaster before the firmware upgrade !) 

(Wired and 5Ghz were always fine, and are still fine now post upgrade)

Options
2020-12-24 22:57:00

@CaptainKirky Excuse me mate, do you know if there is a firmware that fixes this for the US version? I'm from Mexico and I have intermittency problems with the 2.4 band. @Kevin_Z Could you help me? Thank you all

Options
2020-12-30 17:47:23

@Kevin_Z 

Unfortunately nothing changed, I installed beta and have been using for few days, but the problem still occurs.

Options
2020-12-31 02:38:59

@drago20013 

If that is the case, can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?
1. How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz network, what are they? Are all wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? If the devices are still connected to the 2.4GHz network but no internet access, please confirm if the devices can still get a correct IP address from C6, what is the IP address? Can you ping the C6 gateway and internet?
2. Try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/
3. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6, or disable/enable the 2.4GHz wireless on the C6, or just wait, and it will reconnect automatically?

Thank you very much for your patience again~

Options
2020-12-31 08:47:05

@Kevin_Z 

Greetings from Lithuania, I have the same symptoms. 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks and Lan network works, but no internet. On the router shine the orange WAN lamp. In router>basic>network map> internet status is poor connection or unpluged. After router reboot with on/off or by the reboot button in the net program (192.168.0.1), router work fine. For lost comunication must gone about 10 hours. Ping not tested (I'm afraid it will work). At night I have only one user connected to the wifi network, and in the morning there is no internet connection. Today i will test the beta firmware

Options
2020-12-31 09:23:24

@Jastremski 

Hi, thanks for providing detailed info. 

While I think the issue you are reporting is not the same as others in this thread, it seems that the internet connection on the C6 dropped, but not only Wi-Fi dropped. May I know who is your ISP? Please check and confirm you can get a stable connection from the ISP modem by connecting it directly to a computer.

If the modem network is stable, please also check the cable between the modem and the C6 is good, you are suggested to try with a new cat 5e or cat 6 cable.

When the internet drops on the C6, can you confirm if there is still a WAN IP address on the C6? If there is one, try to change the WAN DNS server to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then confirm again.

Options
2021-01-02 16:21:20 - last edited 2021-01-02 16:22:50

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I have the same issue as @Jastremski . I have approximately 10 devices connected wireless ( Laptops, Cellphones,1 printer,1 repeater  AC200) & 1 desktop connected through LAN. Internet access has started droping after 4 days using Archer C6. Devices didn't disconnect, but internet drops out every 5 minutes for 2 minutes. I had the newest official firmware installed. I read this thread yesterday and installed the beta firmware. The problem still occurs after one day. Cabel to router is 5E. I tried the old one router which works without dropouts, so I think there is no problem with internet provider.

Thanks for your time and help

With regards,
Michal

Options
2021-01-04 10:39:20

Well i'm having the same issues with 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Only thing i found so far so i dont loose my devices (half of them) is to change wifi of 2.4Gzg to channel 4.

It was in automatic but even channel 3 was used (no other devices near on channel 3), devices was not able to connect or not having internet access.

Though in some devices, i'm still having issues  sometimes with static channel.

Though initially was the RE305 with Mesh, but it wasnt. 

Options
2021-01-04 11:53:08

@michalsvento 

Hi Michal, thank you very much for reporting the issue to the community.

Do you mean the internet connection on the C6 drops, and the internet LED becomes orange? May I know who is your ISP? 

When the internet drops on the C6, can you confirm if there is still a WAN IP address on the C6? If there is one, try to change the WAN DNS server to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then confirm again.

Options