[Solved] Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Solved] Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
96 Reply
Re:【Problem Solved】Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5
2020-01-19 02:51:20

@Holger 

It is normal, new wired devices and wireless devices will be detected and corresponding notifications will pop up. 

Good day.  

Options
Re:【Problem Solved】Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5
2020-01-19 02:58:26

@gatito 

Hello Christophe, sorry to tell you that I failed to access the link attached, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message you saw? 

From the information provided, the firmware of the other two slave Deco is old; you can connect them to main Deco by wired cable first to update the firmware; or you can switch them to main Deco one by one to upgrade it. Here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-19 03:06:57

@Chika84 @deepanshu 

Hello, the official firmware of Deco M5 will be released soon, it is estimated to release by the end of January or the early of February. While I have to say the release time varies due to the actual test results.

And it will update all Deco M5's units with them turned on when you upgrade the firmware. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-19 03:09:16

@Kevin_Z Thank you, I decided to go & install the 1.4.2 Firmware, so far so good, everything looks like it's back to normaly & speeds are constant and don't slow down; also the constant contifications have also stopped.

Options
2020-01-20 01:36:24

@Chika84 

Thanks for your valued reply. Glad to hear that the beta firmware works well. 

If need more help in the future, be free to let us know.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-20 06:35:51

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Is there a changelog for v1.4.0/1.4.2? I can't find it on the website. I'm hoping to find out if the WAN DNS local IP issue has been fixed.

Thanks!

Options
2020-01-21 01:41:34

@eeiciap 

Hello, the 1.4.2 firmware is mainly used to fix the issue mentioned in my original post; 

For the WAN DNS/local IP issue, you can change the DNS or LAN IP to another subnet as a workaround for now. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-22 09:59:42

@Kevin_Z So far so good! Have done some testing and everything is stable.

I only noticed one thing since 1.4.2: One deco is in the attic wirelessly connected to main Deco (there are 2 concrete flours between them). Since the firmware it prefers 2,4GHz channels it didn't used to choice before. My internet speed is most stable on channel 9, but now it prefers channel 7. Restarting all units won't help. Down and up speeds are a bit low and erratic. Problem is that I don't know if it's the new firmware or that my neighbors etc. have changed channels or whatever and since there's no way to rotate channels manually or force it to

I don't know if the wireless connection between Deco's is on the same channel as can be viewed in webUI. 

Much gratitude for the beta firmware though!

Options
2020-01-22 14:47:14

@Kevin_Z The only thing I notice with firmware 1.4.2 (also to a lesser extent also with 1.3) in the search for network devices 90% of the time Apple's smartphone chokes the system, and in the option DECO LINKED appears: not available for current firmware. This never happens with smartphones from Android, Samsung etc. What can be the motive? Of course everyone connects via wifi.

Options
2020-01-23 10:56:06

@Rioja I started a thread for that problem, discovering if others experienced this problem as well. I have it since the firmware is able to view connected Deco per device (I think 1.3.1). Most of the time I see my iPhone in the list, and then rapidly disappears all together (while it still is connected).

Options