Deco P9 Maturity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Maturity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
107 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Maturity
2020-05-10 11:50:25

@GrahamPat That was my problem, constant drop offs and I live in a new build so the wiring should(!) be good. I've given tp link another chance and gone for the m5, made simpler buy buying it before returning the p9 so that I could add the m5, switch it to the main, then removed the p9's and added the other m5's - this kept all my reservations and namings etc in tact. So far it's been solid, but only two days but the firmware is much more mature. Don't get excited about the web interface tho, don't know why they bother, all you can do is see status, reboot and firmware upgrades, no configuration whatsoever which still baffles me. Let's see how this performs. If it's naff I'll bite the bullet and stump up the extra cash for ubiquiti.

Options
2020-05-14 15:40:42

Hi All,

Apologies somewhat off topic, but wondering if anyone else is see the repeated error "daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 24" appear in log files?

Any help identifing what it relates to and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Options
2020-05-15 00:01:36

I purchased the P9 for my condo a few weeks ago and was disapointed to find it so far behind the other products. The M9 is so well reviewed, but I have thick walls and wanted the powerline support for the areas I could not run ethernet. Not only can I not get the powerline working, but the very basic features that I expect like WPS are non existant. Radio silence is not a healthy approach for TP-Link to take. I purchase all of my networking gear from TP-Link and encourage many of my friends and family to as well. This is a terrible customer experience and is really making me question that. Just give us a reasonable estimate of when an update will come at a minimum.

Options
2020-05-15 12:08:57

@Scoredo 

encase anyone is following, I'm on the beta of the new firmware and still have all the problems. Have a stable network but only if I turn off one slave deco. If I add the third same old internet access issues. 

Options
2020-05-15 12:39:39

Hi all,

I would request anyone in this thread to send an email to support.usa @ tp-link.com  asking to request for fast actions by the engineers team.

Please also state that the issues are huge and al users are complaining about their bad product.

I hope, by sending a lot of emails, they wil react a little faster.

Please try it...

Options
2020-05-19 12:44:30

@wcg 

I've messaged support; requesting details / timescales for availability of new firmware, or how to access newer revisions of the beta firmware.

Will post if I recieve any info!

Options
2020-05-19 12:49:05

@lohr500 

If you're willing to telnet into the devices and manually edit the config files, it is possible to disable the wifi backhaul and force use of PCL (Feature should really be configurable via  the App or Web interface, but unfortunately isn't yet!).

Options
2020-05-19 12:51:13
Cool. Even this Beta is from January already
Options
2020-05-24 21:04:03

I was facing random Deco P9 units disconnections and the whole setup was very unstable. 

It seems that Decos were trying to use WiFi backhaul even with weak signal.

My solution was to permanently disable the WiFi backhaul and use only PLC.

Solution - How to Disable WiFi Backhaul

Options
2020-05-28 19:55:36

The stable firmware is based on the 2019 version of OpenWrt sot they might be waiting for some updates, I've obtained the source code from this link https://static.tp-link.com/resources/gpl/GPL_P9.tar.gz

Options