TP-Link Powerline utility not Windows 7 compatible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-09 20:47:57
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211KIT

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

Can anyone confirm they have succesfully used the TP-Link powerline utility on a Windows 7 (32-bit) OS on more than one occasion?

I've installed the latest version (along with WinPCap etc), and the utility will load and run the first time. However, after the second time I try to run it, I get a Windows error message stating "Powerline utility has stopped working".

I see there are others with a similar issue here:

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?1513-TL-PA211-Powerline-Utility-has-stopped-working&region=china

The software works well on an XP machine. I've tried the same software, and the software that came supplied on the CD Rom, on three different Windows 7 machines, and they all suffer with this problem eventually. I've tried running the application in compatibility mode (for XP SP3) - but no difference.

Once the crash has happened the first time. the next time you load the program, it launches OK. The auto-scan tries to find any powerline adaptors, at which point, the program crashes out. It's very predictable and very repeatable.

I'm now convinced that the PA211 Powerline utility software is NOT Windows 7 (32-bit) compatible, or has a major flaw in it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Many thanks,

MJ
Options
1 Reply
Agreed
2013-01-10 04:17:22
I can only argee will you.
Had to download installer from web site due to the mini CD !!!
Tried this on 2 Win7 32bit, 1 Win7 64bit and all show the above issues.
Also tried on 2 WS2008R2 machines with the same.
Don't try to install on a Win8 box as WinPCap won't install so you can't even get the install to run.

All in all not very good.
Got these from Amazon and their going back tomorrow and will review accordingly.

Expected better.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 783

Replies: 1