Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh system connection issues
2020-06-06 06:49:45

i have a X20 and the error is very frequent and obvious. On a mac, the email looses connection with the IMAP servers , new  SSH connection scant be made... it's a pain ... wifi off/wifi on and everything is back for a while ... really sucks! hoep they have a firmaware update that fixes this soooooonnnnnnn !!!!!

Options
2020-06-06 18:09:08

Well, recently something even worse happened.

One day I noticed that our security cameras were offline.

I wasn't really sure what was causing the issue, but after a bit of investigating it turns out that one of my Deco nodes was not broadcasting a 2.4GHz network, only 5GHz was working, and of course, our cameras can only use 2.4GHz.

I tried messing with the 5GHz/2.4GHz switches in the Deco app, rebooting, and even resetting to factory settings twice. Absolutely nothing worked. It's like the 2.4GHz antenna broke or something.

The main Deco node was completely fine, but the second one was unusable since it only creates a 5GHz network.

So basically my Deco system just broke after like 7-8 months of usage. I had to switch back to my old router. I'm very disappointed with these products. I really like the TP-Link brand, they make good routers and other network equipment, but the Deco system is not that awesome. I'm surprised that my Deco didn't even last a year.

"Ask for a replacement." - Well, I'm not sure if that's the best solution. If I do get a replacement then it should fix the "missing" 2.4GHz network problem, but what if the connection issues still remain? So either way, it was a waste of money. And reselling it to someone else is not an option either. I can't sell something that has a faulty firmware that causes connection issues.sad And what if it breaks again after 7-8 months.

Options
2020-06-07 09:18:03

@Stefan_A 

Stefan_A wrote

@asciiid  Just a quick Question.   Is the Deco system in Router Mode or in Access Point Mode?

I have the exact same issue with mobile phones (iPhones) not connecting. I have it setup in access point mode.

Options
2020-06-11 11:31:00

@asciiid I'm having the same issue.   TP-Link M5 3pack, mostly iOS devices but android phone also exhibits same issue of losing connectivity.  This needs to be fixed.   

Options
2020-06-11 11:34:32

@MartinM 

I should mention, all my Deco devices are wired to the router, and are in access point mode.    

Options
2020-06-13 08:38:02 - last edited 2020-06-13 08:46:51

I have the same issue. I have some apps on my Samsung tablet and Motorola phone that will not connect to my Deco M5. It's not them all but it's very frustrating that I can't get some apps to work now. On my phone, they'll still work using the mobile signal but not using the WiFi.

I'm in router mode as it seems a lot faster than access point.

I'm on Firmware 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Release 65392.

2 out of the three devices are wired.

Options
2020-06-20 11:32:24
I have the same problem
Options
2020-06-21 07:57:47

@evelium In the end I found it was my bitdefender antivirus that was causing the issue. Make sure you make your network a trusted device in the settings. In the end I uninstalled it as it has the trend antivirus built into the mesh system.

Options
2020-06-25 12:06:54

@freakjeepwa 

this really looks a common problem with no fix from the looks of other postings. Like all I have been struggling with the same issues. Particularly difficult them you are using VOIP and you move from one room to another and the connection just goes.

guess it's time to start getting the word out to the retail sites that there are issues and may be future buyers should look at alternative vendors.

Options
2020-06-28 00:23:36

@asciiid 

Exactly same problem here. M4R. Have it using 3 nodes, 2 or 1 alone.

Problem doesn't seem to happen (or at least often) on PCs. Get it all the time on my Amazon Fire HD10 tablet, on iPhones, on Bose speaker and Logitech Cameras.

Very frustrating.

Options
Related Articles