Deco M9 Plus V2 problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus V2 problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
103 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus V2 problem
2020-08-10 10:18:27

FYI: New f.w just deployed July 25 2020. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/221382

Options
2021-02-25 06:29:32

Hi All 

Looking to buy a new triband mesh system and the deco M9 Plus looked pretty good. 

I have seen their are 2 versions available. Before buying, is their a way to tell the two apart? code or something i should be looking for when buying online. 

If i do end up with a v2, how are the devices going? Would you guys recommend? Are most of the bugs sorted? I see lots of reports from functionality. 

Cheers 

Options
2021-02-25 06:30:37

@TP-Link_Deco 

Does this firmware update work as standard now via app and web download? 

Options
2021-02-25 06:35:13

@Spiisfint 

Could have sworn i posted this, but now cant seem to find it, so im going to post again. Apologies if it doubles up. 

Was looking into getting 2 M9 Plus units and i see their are 2 versions, whilst buying online is their anyway to tell v1 and v2 apart. 

Are all the issues with V2 now resolved and would you gusy recommend? 

Was planing to have 1 hard wired to my router, and one in mesh mode using wifi backhaul. 

What are your thoughts after all this time? 

Options
2021-02-25 08:01:26

@Sprite 

Hi, telling them apart online can only be done by looking to the specs, or in fact description, or to the stickers on the bottom (and box); externally they are identical.

And yes, I would say, and fir a long time, all issues solved.

Easy and flawless updates of firmware wireless via IPad or laptop.

Enough info on what device is on what Deco-unit etc.

'Of course' the Deco's offer some less 'tweaking' and fine tuning and special settings compared to 'classic' routers; I don't miss that (too much), but it depends on ones demands and final set-up.

Finally, I have 3 Deco-unit and one hard-wired to the 'router-unit' provided by my internet provider.

That one is on the first floor (studies), one is ground floor (living room) and one on the second floor (kinds rooms with PC, laptop and other mobile devices).

Floors are concrete (with iron enforcement).

Works very nice and stable, but again: could (and will) depend on ones actual situation.

Check or wait for some other replies to see if there still are any specific issues communicated by others.

KR,

Willem

Happy M9 V2.0 user
Options
2021-02-25 12:44:19 - last edited 2021-02-25 12:44:46

@Sprite 

I have two M9 Plus V2, one is Main wired to router, another is Satellite using WiFi backhaul. 

I bought them 4 months ago on Amazon. On initial setup they were upgraded, though the app, to firmware 1.4.3. They are still on 1.4.3, TP-Link didn't push firmware 1.5 to my region yet and I'll be waiting till they do.

I had zero problems with M9 Plus V2 all this time. In fact, I am very pleased with their performance. I run Deco mesh in Access Point mode, because I bought them to improve WiFi signal in my house, and do not need features that Deco could offer in Router mode.

WiFi signal improved a lot in my house. Before, ISP router struggled to cover my house with 2.4GHz, now WiFi coverage so good I disabled 2.4GHz as I have 5GHz all over the house. That results in much faster downloads, and overall better experience.

Options
2021-02-25 12:54:59

@Willem_3 

When looking at the description online do you know what lakes it a V2? 

Willem_3 wrote

@Sprite 

Hi, telling them apart online can only be done by looking to the specs, or in fact description, or to the stickers on the bottom (and box); externally they are identical.

And yes, I would say, and fir a long time, all issues solved.

Easy and flawless updates of firmware wireless via IPad or laptop.

Enough info on what device is on what Deco-unit etc.

'Of course' the Deco's offer some less 'tweaking' and fine tuning and special settings compared to 'classic' routers; I don't miss that (too much), but it depends on ones demands and final set-up.

Finally, I have 3 Deco-unit and one hard-wired to the 'router-unit' provided by my internet provider.

That one is on the first floor (studies), one is ground floor (living room) and one on the second floor (kinds rooms with PC, laptop and other mobile devices).

Floors are concrete (with iron enforcement).

Works very nice and stable, but again: could (and will) depend on ones actual situation.

Check or wait for some other replies to see if there still are any specific issues communicated by others.

KR,

Willem

Options
2021-02-25 15:18:13

@Sprite 

Hi,

What takes it a V2 is what is PRINTED  on the bottom ('backside') of the device, the sticker on the bottom of the device and the box. (Some of the internal components are different).

In addition, a site 'should' know what version they are selling and clearly state so.

DO NOTE  that both version use different Firmware, but not sure if the hardware differences do make too much difference at this moment.

When version V2 was introduced it took 'quite a while' for TP-link to update the firmware and bring it to the same level as the V1 (which caused some disappointment to say the least; frustration might be a better word for some).

But they learned :-) and improved on that.

So even buying 'old' V1's for a sharp price might be not a bad idea, although it COULD be that updating Firmware for the V1 version will last shorter than for the V 2 (but ask TP-Link).

KR,

Willem

Happy M9 V2.0 user
Options
2021-02-25 16:39:33

@Sprite 

I bought mine on Amazon, and this is sticker on the box:

If you will be getting it from retail store, you could check the sticker before paying, and if you order it from online retailer you could return it, box unopened, if it is not the version you want.

I checked different web sites from where I usually buy electronics, not one of them reports hardware version for M9Plus. That includes Amazon. 

Options
2021-02-25 18:30:38

@Willem_3 

What I meant with 'updating' is: Support by providing updated/new Firmware versions.

Happy M9 V2.0 user
Options
Related Articles