Archer MR600 4G BANDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 4G BANDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
72 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 4G BANDS
2020-03-17 10:56:36

@Kevin_Z Aha, sorry! Thanks, good job Kevin, looking forward to next release :-)

Options
2020-03-18 02:25:12

@Kevin_Z 

Buongiorno, ...ho comprato un MR600 AC1200 V.1 da pochi giorni e sono rimasto deluso dal funzionamento delle bande aggregate automaticamente, anche se il funzionamento geenerale del router è eccellente (di notte ho raggiunto anche 160 Mbs).

A parer mio, il poter selezionare le due bande aggregate manualmente non risolve il problema quando il gestore della sim cambia la banda di trasmissione in 4G Lte (ILIAD lo fa spesso) in quanto occorrerebbe reimpostare le bande manualmente (o riavviare il router) per avere la corretta connessione internet per il massimo trasferimento dei dati.

Il vero problema è che le bande aggregate in fase di accensione del router non si aggiornano quando il gestore cambia banda di trasmissione. Ossia manca il riallineamento di banda automatico con degrado sensibile del download dei dati. E' questo che manca al router che lo rende inservibile, se connesso tramite cloud a sistemi Iot o di Allarme, quando avviene un cambiamento di banda al di fuori delle due bande aggregate.

Franncamente, sono rimasto deluso considerando che TP-link decanta l'aggregamento di banda per avere il massimo della resa in download/upload.

Domanda accessoria: è previsto ottenere il riallineamento automatico delle bande aggregate al variare della banda di trasmissione? Devo interpellare anche il supporto tecnico? 

Grazie

Options
2020-03-18 03:11:35

@Kevin_Z  

strange..., the editor does not allow pasting test. 

I apologize if i replied in italian, it is the first time ianswer. sad

Options
2020-03-19 05:43:31

@StefanM 

You are welcome. Since we cannot guarantee its release date, you can keep an eye on the official website.

Note: We cannot guarantee it would be the next firmware either, instead, it can be the next of next firmware. 

Options
2020-03-19 05:58:51

@MarioF 

Never mind, we tried to translate your reply into English, so I wish your understanding. 

For now, the CA bands supported by the Archer MR600 are limited, so do those supported by SIM card carrier. And the router will choose the 4G band automatically under the current situation, that is why some end-users want to change the band manually to achieve better performance of the router. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-21 23:07:50
Hello   the subject has been brought up several times but in several months almost 8 months if I'm not mistaken, for a problem that the competitors have solved and offers the option of choosing its 4G frequency band so I allow myself to support all those that were made in the front, because I too would like to hang on certain band B7 / B3 because I do not know why the router changes randomly to put me on the B28 and my bit rate is divided by 2 or even 3 by momnent . So I know that you had sent the problem to your engineer but now if possible he would like him to make it a priority and quickly release a beta because it is a very penalizing problem especially when the competition like Huawei offers such option and not a company that has such a reputation in modems like tplink! released a beta thank you !!! cordially
Options
2020-03-23 16:01:57

@Kevin_Z Would like to suggest you implement the band lock using a black list where the user might enter unwanted bands. The reason for this is since MR600 is an LTE cat 6 modem it supports carrier aggregation of two bands. For example in Sweden you get good bandwith on band 3 and 7 so a CA on B3/B7 might be optimal. Otherwise you could of course implement a white list function permitting two bands.

Me and many other looking forward to get a solution on this painful trouble

Options
2020-03-26 21:10:33
it becomes annoying to be forced to reboot the modem to return the good bands I understand why it changes by itself and when we reboot goes directly on the good bands !! FYI I go from 10/12 mbs on the bad bands to 60/80 mbs on the good bands so a very big difference.
Options
2020-04-03 21:50:21 - last edited 2020-04-03 21:50:55

Hi,

Same request, I've just bought a new MR600 to replace a Netgear 4G router and add more 4G bands but i get the same speeds if the wrong band is used... :  1 or 2 Mbps with bad band vs. up to 20/30 Mbps with the good ones. Waiting for a quick firmware upgrade!

Thanks for your help.

Options
2020-04-17 17:32:41
why no answer! we are just asking for news of the advancements and whether an update is under construction or not is someone working on it or not! we just want to know if we have to change the equipment for the competition or wait if so how long ???
Options