Failure to obtain IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Failure to obtain IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Failure to obtain IP address
2020-12-23 18:49:17

@Jay234 

Really bad extender always having problems like obtaining ip.eventhogh i ket same subnet amd also turned of dhcp i did many changes following youtube video still usless better to buy different one.

Jay234 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi 

I am having the same issue with trying to connect my samsung phone to the extended network whilst the smart tv has connected with no issues.

I have changed the settings in accordance with what you advised another user but this has not rectified the issue.  Please could you advise me as to how to correct this.

Thanks

Jay234 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi 

I am having the same issue with trying to connect my samsung phone to the extended network whilst the smart tv has connected with no issues.

I have changed the settings in accordance with what you advised another user but this has not rectified the issue.  Please could you advise me as to how to correct this.

Thanks

Options
2020-12-29 11:04:33

@Pino12 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

May I know the model number of your range extender

Have you tried to update the following beta firmware to have a look:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/192368

Thank you very much and Wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-11 09:11:28

@Kevin_Z 

I am having the same problem. How can I login to the router Ui when it can't connect to the internet in the first place?

Options
2021-03-13 13:21:33

@Kevin_Z 

How can you access this setup when the extender cannot connect to the internet in the first place? The host router is fine. But the extender cannot connect to the internet, so how can you do this?

This is impossible.

Options
Re:Failure to obtain IP address-Solution
2021-12-06 18:17:52 - last edited 2021-12-13 08:56:43

I don't know if it might help anyone, but I just figured out that the root cause for my case was that the main DHCP server had a limit of 20 DHCP clients. I increased it and was able to connect to the extender.

Recommended Solution
Options